JTL's blog

FBI probe in 2012 focused on alleged supporters of hijackers

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article121928853.html

December 20, 2016

by Dan Christensen

As late as October 2012, federal prosecutors and FBI agents in New York City were actively exploring filing charges against a suspect for providing material support to the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers and other crimes.

The suspect’s identity and many details of the New York investigation are blanked out of an FBI summary report that discusses “Updates and Initiatives [as of 5 October 2012]” about 9/11. The document was released to Florida Bulldog amid ongoing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) litigation that seeks access to records of the 9/11 Review Commission.

The report was heavily redacted for national security, privacy and other reasons. But the report’s declassified portions indicate the New York investigation targeted an apparent U.S. support network for two of the 9/11 suicide hijackers — Saudis Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar — who with three other terrorists crashed American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon.

Govt Wants to Keep 9/11 Cockpit Audio Secret During Gitmo Trial

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/hiding-govt-911-cockpit-audio-secret-gitmo-trial/?AID=7236

So far, 2016 is proving to be the year the September 11th attacks have been blown wide open. But when the U.S. Government is involved, it’s one step forward, then two steps back.
For the first time since that fateful September day, a once oblivious populace has begun to question why the US invaded Iraq in spite of the fact that 15 of the 19 alleged hijackers were from Saudi Arabia.

Then, in an April episode of 60-Minutes, former Florida governor, Democratic U.S. Senator and onetime chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Bob Graham implicated a US ally for their role in the September 11th attacks.

“I think it’s implausible to believe that 19 people, most of whom didn’t speak English, most of whom had never been in the United States before, many didn’t have a high school education, could have carried out such a complicated task without some support from within the United States,” said Graham in the interview, implicating Saudi Arabia for their role in 9/11.

Saudi paper: U.S. carried out 9/11 attacks

http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/saudi-paper-u-s-carried-out-911-attacks/

While the families of 9/11 victims called for the declassification of evidence that members of the Saudi monarchy helped fund the attacks, a Saudi newspaper turned the table, blaming the United States for the worst terrorist massacre on its soil.

Saudi legal expert Katib Al-Shammari, writing in the London-based Saudi daily Al-Hayat on April 28, charged that the U.S. carried out the 9/11 attacks while placing blame on others, beginning with al-Qaida and the Taliban, then shifting to Saddam Hussein’s Iraq and now Saudi Arabia.

“The U.S. created, in public opinion, an obscure enemy – terrorism – which became what American presidents blamed for all their mistakes,” Shammari wrote.

. . .

Echoing the charges of “9/11 truthers,” Shammari said, “Proof of this is the sequence of continuous explosions that dramatically ripped through both buildings.

“Expert structural engineers demolished them with explosives, while the planes crashing [into them] only gave the green light for the detonation – they were not the reason for the collapse.”

Businessman raising £1m to recreate 9/11 to prove conspiracy theories true or false 'once and for all'

[I don't know what to make of this . . .]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/businessman-raising-1m-recreate-911-7981317

An American-born businessman wants to raise £1m to stage a bizarre recreation of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centre in New York.

Paul Salo, who now lives in Thailand, has said he wants to purchase a 'Boeing 747' and smash it into the side of an empty building in the countryside at 500mph.

He describes it as an 'important project' to prove conspiracy theories about the terror atrocities 'once and for all'.

Mr Salo is hoping to crowdfund the event and is selling 'front-row seats' to the outlandish spectacle in Thailand for $5000 each (£3,500).

In a video promoting the 'reconstruction', he said: "If you doubt anything about 9/11 we want to blast this to smithereens or we want to prove you completely right.

"We're going to purchase a 747 or equivalent aircraft that's about to go out of service, we're going to fill it full of jet fuel, we're going to purchase a building that's about to be torn down in the countryside... and we're going to crash it at 500 miles per hour into that building."

. . .

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

By Mark Mazzetti, New York Times April 15, 2016

WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The Obama administration has lobbied Congress to block the bill’s passage, according to administration officials and congressional aides from both parties, and the Saudi threats have been the subject of intense discussions in recent weeks between lawmakers and officials from the State Department and the Pentagon. The officials have warned senators of diplomatic and economic fallout from the legislation.

Adel al-Jubeir, the Saudi foreign minister, delivered the kingdom’s message personally last month during a trip to Washington, telling lawmakers that Saudi Arabia would be forced to sell up to $750 billion in treasury securities and other assets in the United States before they could be in danger of being frozen by American courts.

. . .

Portions of 9/11 victims’ remains taken to landfill, report says

Washington Post

By Craig Whitlock

Some human remains recovered from the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa., were incinerated and dumped in a landfill, the Defense Department said Tuesday in the latest revelation about mishandled body parts at the Dover Air Force Base mortuary.

A new Pentagon review of the troubled mortuary disclosed several other problems — including fresh allegations of fraud and misplaced remains — over the past decade despite previous assurances by Air Force officials that they had adequately investigated operations at the base.

The Rise of "Truth"

How did 9/11 conspiracism enter the mainstream?

In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, conspiracists started to create and spread what would ultimately become the foundational mythology of the 9/11 conspiracy movement: In order to suppress civil liberties and benefit their allies in the oil and gas industry, hawkish neoconservatives in the Bush administration—along with their partners in the CIA and FBI, of course—orchestrated a massive terror attack that killed 2,977 innocent civilians and mobilized the American populace behind otherwise unsupportable wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Bin Laden Plotted New Attack

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304521304576446213098582284.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

By SIOBHAN GORMAN

Osama bin Laden was working to assemble a team of militants to attack the U.S. on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, according to communications Navy SEALs seized from his Pakistani hideout when they killed the al Qaeda leader this spring.

Bin Laden and his operations chief, Attiyah Abd al-Rahman, swapped views about the composition of the attack team, with bin Laden repeatedly rejecting names that Mr. Rahman suggested, according to U.S. officials familiar with the intelligence taken from the bin Laden compound.

The plans were only in the discussion phase, U.S. officials said. They haven't seen any signs the nascent plot ever went beyond the early planning, the officials said.

The Lies That Sold Obama's Escalation in Afghanistan

Wednesday 6 July 2011
by: Gareth Porter, Truthout

http://www.truth-out.org/lies-sold-obamas-escalation-afghanistan/1309706361

A few days after Barack Obama's December 2009 announcement of 33,000 more troops being sent to Afghanistan, in testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Defense Secretary Robert Gates advanced the official justification for escalation: the Afghan Taliban would not abandon its ties with al-Qaeda unless forced to do so by US military force and the realization that "they're likely to lose."

Gates claimed to see an "unholy alliance" of the Afghan Taliban, al-Qaeda and the Pakistani Taliban emerging during 2009. Unless the United States succeeded in weakening the Taliban in Afghanistan, al-Qaeda would have safe haven in Afghanistan, just as they had before the 9/11 attacks, according to Gates.

Even in comparison with the usual lies that justify wars, this one was a whopper. Gates was deliberately ignoring the serious political split that had become apparent in 2008 between Mullah Omar, the spiritual and political leader of the Taliban, and the leadership of al-Qaeda over fundamental issues of strategy and ideology.

U.S. officially drop all charges against Osama bin Laden

Issued 'nolle prosque' order - meaning do not prosecute - typical once a defendant is deceased

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:21 PM on 17th June 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004914/U-S-officially-drop-charges-Osama-bin-Laden.html

A U.S. judge has dismissed all criminal charges against Osama bin Laden following the al Qaeda leader's death in a military raid in Pakistan.

U.S. District Court judge Lewis Kaplan, who had been presiding over the bin Laden case in Manhattan federal court, issued an order called 'nolle prosequi', which means 'do not prosecute' in Latin, a typical legal move once a defendant is deceased.

It closed the case after 13 years.

Nine Years On, 9/11 Jury Is Still Out

[Published today on lewrockwell.com. Mr. Rockwell is getting bolder on 9/11—See 9/11 Cover-Up Remains While Questions Mount by Eric Margolis, published at LRC over the weekend. Another barometer reading for how effective the 9/11 Truth Movement is becoming!]

by Robert Bridge

Russia Today

On the ninth anniversary of the worst terror attacks to strike the US mainland, many questions remain unanswered, not least of all concerning the true identities of the perpetrators.

Pentagon Attempts to Block Book on Afghan War

On the eve of Sept. 11, Fox News has learned the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency has attempted to block a book about the tipping point in Afghanistan and a controversial pre-9/11 data mining project called "Able Danger."

In a letter obtained by Fox News, the DIA says national security could be breached if "Operation Dark Heart" is published in its current form. The agency also attempted to block key portions of the book that claim "Able Danger" successfully identified hijacker Mohammed Atta as a threat to the United States before the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

Click here to read the full DIA letter (pdf)

In a highly unusual move, the Department of Defense is now negotiating with the publisher, St. Martin's Press, to buy all 10,000 copies of the first printing of the book to keep it off shelves—even after the U.S. Army had cleared the book for release.

Yet Another Congressman Questions 9/11

www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17688

Feb. 17, 2010   By Washington's Blog

Congressman Jason Chafetz just said that we need to be vigilant and continue to investigate 9/11.

A nutjob, right?

Maybe.

But he joins quite a few other Congressmen:

No good info on bin Laden for years: CIA's Panetta

Sun Jun 27, 2010

(Reuters) - It has been years since the United States has had good intelligence on the whereabouts of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin laden, although he is thought to be in Pakistan, CIA director Leon Panetta said on Sunday.

He also gave a sobering account of the war in Afghanistan, saying the Taliban seemed to be strengthening with a stepped-up campaign of violence, even as U.S.-led forces undermine the Islamist movement with attacks on its leadership.

Progress is being made in the nearly nine-year-old conflict but "it's harder, it's slower than I think anyone anticipated," Panetta said on ABC's "This Week" program. He did not directly answer a question about whether the war was being won.

A harsh spotlight was thrown on the U.S. strategy last week when President Barack Obama fired General Stanley McChrystal as his top commander in Afghanistan and replaced him with General David Petraeus.

Now U.S. lawmakers from both parties are demanding more answers about the war's progress. Some will be putting these questions to Petraeus at his confirmation hearing on Tuesday.

Al Qaeda's Top Gun

by Jeremy R. Hammond
Foreign Policy Journal, April 17, 2010

An examination of the documentary record reveals a clear pattern of willful deception on the part of the 9/11 Commission with regard to alleged hijacker Hani Hanjour in an apparent effort to manipulate the facts to suit the official theory.

Hani Hanjour is the hijacker who flew American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon on the morning of September 11, 2001, according to the official account of terrorist attacks. “The lengthy and extensive flight training obtained by Hani Hanjour throughout his years in the United States makes it reasonable to believe that he was the pilot of Flight 77 on September 11″, concluded FBI Director Robert S. Mueller.[1] The story is that while Hanjour had difficulties learning to fly at first, he persevered, overcame his obstacles, and became an extraordinary enough pilot to be able to precisely hit his target after performing a difficult flight maneuver.