Excerpts from a couple speeches that George W. Bush gave in the two months following 9/11, juxtaposed with some of what we've since heard about the 28 pages from former Senator Bob Graham, 9/11 victims' family members and a number of Congressmen.
Presumption of a Cover-Up …
Judges and lawyers know that – if someone intentionally destroys evidence – he’s probably trying to hide his crime. American law has long recognized that destruction of evidence raises a presumption of guilt for the person who destroyed the evidence.
So what does it mean when the US government intentionally destroyed massive amounts of evidence related to 9/11?
Judge and Prosecutor Destroy Evidence
For example, it was revealed last week that the judge overseeing the trial of surviving 9/11 suspects conspired with the prosecution to destroy evidence relevant to a key suspect’s defense. And see this.
(The Defense Department has also farmed out most of the work of both prosecuting and defending the surviving 9/11 suspects to the same private company. And the heads of the military tribunal prosecuting the 9/11 suspects said that the trials must be rigged so that there are no acquittals.)
Destruction of Videotapes
The CIA videotaped the interrogation of 9/11 suspects, falsely told the 9/11 Commission that there were no videotapes or other records of the interrogations, and then illegally destroyed all of the tapes and transcripts of the interrogations.
9/11 Commission co-chairs Thomas Keane and Lee Hamilton wrote:
Those who knew about those videotapes — and did not tell us about them — obstructed our investigation.
So far, 2016 is proving to be the year the September 11th attacks have been blown wide open. But when the U.S. Government is involved, it’s one step forward, then two steps back.
For the first time since that fateful September day, a once oblivious populace has begun to question why the US invaded Iraq in spite of the fact that 15 of the 19 alleged hijackers were from Saudi Arabia.
Then, in an April episode of 60-Minutes, former Florida governor, Democratic U.S. Senator and onetime chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Bob Graham implicated a US ally for their role in the September 11th attacks.
“I think it’s implausible to believe that 19 people, most of whom didn’t speak English, most of whom had never been in the United States before, many didn’t have a high school education, could have carried out such a complicated task without some support from within the United States,” said Graham in the interview, implicating Saudi Arabia for their role in 9/11.
Published on Jun 1, 2016 - "Why is the MSM (Finally) Reporting on the Petrodollar?"
SHOW NOTES: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=18775 https://www.corbettreport.com/why-is-the-msm-finally-reporting-on-the-petrodollar/
Bloomberg is trumpeting "The Untold Story Behind Saudi Arabia’s 41-Year U.S. Debt Secret," but anyone who is scratching their heads at this non-revelation might well wonder 'Why Bloomberg?' and 'Why now?' Join James in today's Thought For The Day as he examines the latest volleys in the ongoing covert war between the Saudis and the US and the bigger picture of the battle for the global monetary system.
More links below...
Sen. Bob Graham + CIA Robert Baer: 9/11 Saudi Connection
September 2015 "Judge Drops Saudi Arabia from 9/11 Suit Due To Lack of Evidence".
"The United States’s relationship with Saudi Arabia is complex and opaque. Suspicions persist that powerful Saudis funded Al Qaeda and some of the hijackers who carried out the 9/11 attacks. Senator Bob Graham, former chairman of the Senate Intelligence committee, and cochair of the Joint Congressional inquiry into the 9/11 terrorist attacks, visits to shed light on the 28 pages of the 9/11 report that remain classified. Joining him is former CIA veteran Robert Baer, who was portrayed by George Clooney in the movie Syriana."
Bob Graham interview with hard questions about the role of intelligence agencies: https://soundcloud.com/newacademic/graham-interview
"The judge overseeing the premiere military tribunal at Guantánamo Bay effectively conspired with the prosecution to destroy evidence relevant to defending the accused architect of the 9/11 attacks, according to a scathing court document.
Army Col James Pohl, who this week at Guantánamo is presiding over a resumption of pretrial hearings in the already troubled case, “in concert with the prosecution, manipulated secret proceedings and the use of secret orders”, the document alleges, preventing Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s defense team from learning Pohl had permitted the Obama administration to destroy the evidence".
The coup in Saudi Arabia becomes timely with the current renewed media attention about the 28 Pages.
There is no doubt that a transition is taking place in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia’s internal struggles for power have been likened to HBO’s “Game of Thrones”. Unlike Western royal families, the Saudi Monarchy has not had a clearly defined order of succession. Within recent years, an ongoing Saudi coup is starting to take shape. Many internal elements are involved. Factions and vested interests exist not only among the Royal Family, but within the culture, religion, finance, corporations, demographics and their values, fiefdoms, clans, age groups, etc.
Also, in the context of the World’s stage where nations and corporations struggle to survive or dominate, there is an additional complex global array of events and scenarios often veiled by the many factors involved. These influences can range from local wars and turmoil, to foreign relations, to the international financial system, to oil, to covert operations and more.
(Note: The word “clan”, such as the “Sudairi clan”, is used in the video. “Clan” refers to each of the 22 or 24 wives of the founder of Saudi Arabia, Ibn Saud. Ibn Saud died in 1953. The Kings of Saudi Arabia have been a son from one of the different wives or “clans” of Ibn Saud.)
King Salman’s palace coup and the Saudi royal politics – (15 minutes)(May 2015)
The strongest evidence linking the alleged hijackers to 9/11 was a video said to be from the closed circuit TV (CCTV) system at Dulles International Airport in Washington DC. The video was not made available until the day before the 9/11 Commission Report was released, in 2004, and it helped to pave the way for widespread acceptance of the official account. Since the other evidence against the accused hijackers was dubious and suspiciously convenient for the FBI, which provided it, the Dulles video should be examined closely.
Doing so has led some independent 9/11 investigators to conclude that the Dulles video contains “no information to link its images to AA 77.” Reasons include that:
- None of the Dulles airport staff remembered seeing the alleged hijackers at the airport
- Dulles had over 300 cameras but no footage was released except for portions of this one video (and no video was available from the other airports)
- The alleged Dulles video contains no date, time stamp, or camera identification
- The video was shot at a rate of 30 frames per second (fps), which the investigators said is not typical of CCTV videos
- The video appears to be an edited composite of shots taken from different angles
Additionally, it has been noticed that the airport screeners in the Dulles video did not perform their duties according to airport requirements. An attorney representing 9/11 victims’ families stated that security agents in the video screened the suspects in ways that were not like those required in Dulles training videos.
Could the video be fraudulent?
Interview with Tony Szamboti
Transcript published 23 May 2016
For this important interview we welcome Tony Szamboti, mechanical engineer and 9/11 researcher, who joins us for a detailed discussion on crucial evidence that, in the words of his research group, "clearly demonstrate(s) that the reports produced by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) on the destruction of the World Trade Center (WTC) were unscientific and fraudulent."
With the group's white paper as our focus, "Areas of Specific Concern in the NIST WTC Reports" which lists 25 Points seriously challenging NIST's work in this area, we discuss striking new evidence demonstrating that NIST intentionally omitted significant structural components from its analysis of Building 7, and explore the almost inescapable conclusion that this was done in order to avoid the explanation of controlled demolition. We also discuss the potential these findings might have for legal action.
NOTE: Be sure to read the comments at the Al-Monitor link about the author and about 9/11. The Al-Monitor is the English version of Al-Hayat. Recently, many “Truth” websites have been circulating an article that supposedly originated from Al-Hayat Daily. I have not seen the original source article. The article is written by Saudi legal expert Katib al-Shammari claiming the U.S. planned the 9/11 attacks to kickstart the global war on terror, but the article has a translation by a dubious MEMRI. http://911blogger.com/news/2016-05-21/saudi-paper-us-carried-out-911-attacks
Five years after bin Laden’s death, mystery surrounding Saudi Arabia and 9/11 remains
May 2016 in the Al-Monitor – by Bruce Riedel
Bruce Riedel is a columnist for Al-Monitor's Gulf Pulse. He is the director of the Intelligence Project at the Brookings Institution.
On Sept. 11, 2001, I was in the White House when Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda attacked the United States of America. As the special assistant to the president for Near East and North Africa affairs, I was responsible for dealing with the government of Saudi Arabia, bin Laden’s home country and the home of 15 of the 19 hijackers who carried out mass murder that day. There has been much controversy since 9/11 about what role the Saudi government or Saudi government officials may have played in the planning, funding or execution of the attack. Most famously, 28 pages of a Senate report that addressed the Saudi role and was completed shortly after the attacks has been kept classified for over a decade. Little attention has been paid to a recent commission report that examined these issues just last year.
Former 9/11 commission member calls for release of 28 pages in report
CNN - Nicole Gaouette Tue May 24, 2016
Washington (CNN) — A former member of the 9/11 Commission called Tuesday for the public release of 28 classified pages pertaining to the attacks.
"I am strongly in favor of declassifying this information as quickly as possible," Tim Roemer told a House committee. "The 9/11 families deserve it, the American people deserve it, and justice deserves it. We have the right to transparency and sunlight -- not the darkness."
The hearing, titled "The U.S.-Saudi Arabia Counterterrorism Relationship," comes amid increasing scrutiny in Washington about Saudi Arabia's possible role in the terror attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, and a push in Congress to allow victims of terrorism to sue foreign governments linked to terror attacks on U.S. soil.
That has fueled calls for the release of 28 classified pages on the report into the attacks. The pages indicate that a network of Saudis, some in official positions, supported al Qaeda operatives in the run up to the attacks, according to some of those who have seen the documents and are pushing for their release, including former Navy Secretary John Lehman and former Senator Bob Graham.
At Tuesday's hearing, lawmakers on both sides of the aisle criticized the Saudi Arabian government for funding the spread of Wahabi Islam, a fundamentalist interpretation of the ancient religion that "teaches that apostates should be persecuted and in some cases killed," said Texas Rep. Ted Poe, the Republican chairman of the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee on terrorism.
Poe noted that some analysts say that followers of Wahabi Islam might be more disposed to feel sympathetic to terrorist groups. And he echoed Roemer's call.
Is Senate bill allowing 9/11 families to sue Saudi Arabia all it seems? Lawmaker ‘added loophole that allows State department to
Is Senate bill allowing 9/11 families to sue Saudi Arabia all it seems? Lawmaker ‘added loophole that allows State department to stall action’
May 25, 2016 By Tom Wyke for MailOnline and Associated Press
~The Senate passed legislation Tuesday that would allow families of September 11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia
~The Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act had triggered a threat from Riyadh to pull billions of dollars from the U.S. economy
~Now it has been revealed loophole was inserted to reduce bill's power
~Senate Democrats had firmly supported the legislation, putting them at odds with the Obama administration
The Senate's unanimous passing of legislation that allows families of September 11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia may not be as groundbreaking as it was first believed.
The Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA) was initially reported as being a chance for the families to pursue damages from the Saudi government but now it has emerged a clause was inserted to water down the bill's power.
The wording of the loophole states the Secretary of State just has to engage 'in good-faith discussions with the foreign-state defendant concerning the resolution of claims against the foreign state,' according to the NY Post.
It had been feared the legislation would trigger potential diplomatic issues with Riyadh, which was threatening to pull billions of dollars from the U.S. economy, if the bill is enacted.
911 Documentation Project
May 19, 2016Special Dispatch No.6438
"Article In Saudi Daily: U.S. Planned, Carried Out 9/11 Attacks – But Blames Others For Them
On the eve of President Obama's April 2016 visit to Saudi Arabia, the U.S. Congress began debating the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA), that would, inter alia, allow the families of victims of the September 11 attacks to sue the Saudi government for damages. Also in April 2016, the New York Times published that a 2002 congressional inquiry into the 9/11 attacks had found that Saudi officials living in the United States at the time had a hand in the plot. The commission's conclusions, said the paper, were specified in a report that has not been released publicly.
The National Archives released a series of memos written by Sept. 11 Commission staff members, a compilation of numerous possible connections between the hijackers and Saudis inside the United States. The document appears to be a glimpse into what is still contained in the classified 28 pages of the congressional inquiry into the 2001 attacks.