911blogger.com seeks to cover a broad spectrum of news, posts in the blogs section are the responsibility of the poster, readers are encouraged to check the facts and form their own conclusions.
Jon Gold's blog
Cindy WANTS us to attend. What better place for 9/11 Truth than an action designed to end the wars? I am planning on going for at least the first 2 weeks. - Jon
by: Scott Galindez, t r u t h o u t | Report
Tuesday 22 December 2009
In August of 2005, Cindy Sheehan, who had lost her son in Iraq, set up camp outside George Bush's vacation home in Crawford, Texas. She had a simple question; she wanted to know what the "noble cause" was for which her son had died. Thousands of people joined Cindy in Crawford, and Camp Casey became a national story that breathed new life into the antiwar movement.
In March of 2010, Cindy Sheehan and other activists from a group calling itself "Peace of the Action" will be converging on Washington, DC, to set up a camp on the National Mall.
When asked how long the encampment will last, Sheehan responded, "as long as it takes, that will be up to the government; we are prepared to stay until our demands are met."
“One of that tiny and select company of the most brilliantly creative and provocative political-historical writers of the last half-century.”
James Galbraith, Richard Falk, Roger Morris, Daniel Ellsberg, James Schamus, Norman Rush, Mark Selden, Eric Wilson, Mary Baine Campbell, Tracy Ware, Ronna Kabatznick, Russ Baker, Askold Melnyczuk and Paul Almond
- We are fighting illegal preemptive wars against three countries. Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan. The resulting wars have caused well over 1,000,000 casualties. Preemptive war is illegal according to the Nuremberg Charter, and the United Nations charter. These wars are destabilizing the entire Middle East, and causing anti-American sentiment throughout the world.
- In America, the Constitution is being forgotten with the passage of bills like the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act. Americans are forced to wonder if their conversations are being monitored through the use of illegal wiretapping. The freedom of the press, and the right to peacefully assemble is being discarded.
- Executive Power within the United States is being expanded to the point of near-dictatorship, and accountability for the actions of the Executive, and other members of Government is non-existent.
- A constant state of fear is the norm.
- Billions upon billions are being spent on the previously mentioned wars, and things that are needed for the people are being forgotten about.
Because of their popularity, they were able to do so many horrible things virtually without question.
As the September Eleventh Advocates said recently, "the American Justice System has been used to try terrorists 214 times since September 2001, with a success rate of 91% - 195 people were convicted." In my opinion, they don't want 9/11 in the court room because like in the Moussaoui Trial (read Fact #47), things may be revealed that they don't want revealed. Since we already know about the torture, I wonder what else they are trying to hide? - Jon
Evan McMorris-Santoro | December 10, 2009, 1:33PM
Standing in front of the Supreme Court this morning, a group of Republican lawmakers railed against the court system run out of the building behind them. A sign affixed to the plexiglas podium each spoke at in turn spelled out the reason for their concern. "Protect our homeland," it read. "Keep terrorists out of America."
At their annual Christmas party, The Fealgood Foundation appealed to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi to pass HR847, the James Zadroga 9/11 Health Act, and to President Barack Obama to sign it.
I hope you think this information is as important as I do.
They have failed this country, and the world.
BY Michael Mcauliff
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU
WASHINGTON - Angry Sept. 11 responders say President Obama has offered sympathy but no support for their appeal to champion their cause in Congress.
A group of 9/11 widows and rescue workers recently wrote Obama, asking his help to pass a bill that would fund care for ailing responders over the next 30 years.
Obama wrote back Tuesday, the Daily News has learned, saying he understands their plight and values their heroism.
"The individuals suffering health ailments from Sept. 11 and its aftermath deserve proper medical attention," the President wrote. "You served selflessly, and your concerns are of great importance to our country. I remain committed to supporting the heroes of Sept. 11."
But he left out whether he'd get behind the bill.
"It's a nice letter, and I will put it in my scrapbook," said former construction worker John Feal, who lost half a foot at Ground Zero. "But it's no more than a souvenir unless he supports that bill."
Do yourself a favor, and take the time to read as much as you can.
Have you been paying attention to the Iraq Inquiry currently taking place in Britain? A lot of interesting information has come out that confirms what we all knew.
According to Sir William Patey, in February 2001, "the UK knew that some in the new US administration wanted to topple Saddam." This coincides with former Secretary of Treasury Paul O'Neill who said, "from the very beginning, there was a conviction, that Saddam Hussein was a bad person and that he needed to go," and that "it was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of it. The president saying ‘Go find me a way to do this."