911blogger.com seeks to cover a broad spectrum of news, posts in the blogs section are the responsibility of the poster, readers are encouraged to check the facts and form their own conclusions.
Hugh-Jones, BH Rosenberg, S Jacobsen, 2011. The 2001 anthrax attack: Key observations. Journal of Bioterrorism & Biodefense, Special Issue 3, 2011
Abstract Unresolved scientific questions, remaining 10 years after the anthrax attacks, 3 years after the FBI accused a dead man of perpetrating the 2001 anthrax attacks single-handedly, and more than a year since they closed the case without further investigation, indictment or trial, are perpetuating serious concerns that the FBI may have accused the wrong person of carrying out the anthrax attacks. The FBI has not produced concrete evidence on key questions: - Where and how were the anthrax spores in the attack letters prepared? There is no material evidence of where the attack anthrax was made, and no direct evidence that any specific individual made the anthrax, or mailed it.
By BENJAMIN WEISER Published: September 19, 2011
The last remaining wrongful-death lawsuit stemming from the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks has been resolved, according to a lawyer for the victim’s family and court papers filed on Monday. The settlement brings to an end a wrenching legal battle in Federal District Court in Manhattan, where lawsuits had been filed on behalf of 85 people who were killed in the attacks and an additional 11 who were injured, court records show. All of those lawsuits had since been resolved, except one: a suit involving the death of Mark Bavis, a 31-year-old hockey scout who was aboard United Airlines Flight 175, the second plane to hit the World Trade Center.
Family members had long resisted a settlement in the case, which was filed in 2002, saying they wanted to hold the defendants publicly accountable at trial for what the family and its lawyers contended was gross negligence that allowed five terrorists to board Flight 175.
In the 10 years since 17 people survived the deadly anthrax attacks that terrorized the nation in the weeks following 9/11, little recent information is known about their health. But the National Institute of Health has quietly monitored the health of 7 of the those survivors, including [a Falls resident]. The group represents the largest pool of anthrax survivors US researchers have studied.
The ongoing study will provide the 1st comprehensive data on the long-term health effects of anthrax exposure, the project's head researcher said recently. "No one has ever documented follow up in anthrax survivors," said Dr Mary Wright, the principal investigator with the NIH's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease [NIAID]. Before 2001, the last reported US anthrax case occurred in 1976, and it was reported 2 years later, according to the NIH. The only previous anthrax studies were 50 years old and contained little data about long-term effects or possible complications.
9-11 reality check: when nonfictional nightmares
make more sense than official fictional fantasies
loose change final cut, 3rd edition, now officially released to the world
these past few weeks, deep into my research on us foreign policy and 9-11, i was monitoring the media tour in the UK of a young 9-11 truth movement documentary filmmaker, dylan avery, who was eighteen years old in the year 2001.
he produced, with some help from friends, two powerful documentaries on 9-11, called loose change and loose change 2nd edition, in 2005 and 2006 which took the online world by storm, and helped jump start the grassroots 9-11 truth movement inside and outside the United States.