(For a historical archive of our old site visit http://911blogger.com/archive)
NORAD scrambles jets to intercept Russian bombers - Admit that they're responsible for monitoring suspicious domestic aircraft
Updated Fri. Sep. 29 2006 11:06 PM ET
CTV.ca News Staff
NORAD launched Canadian and American fighter jets to intercept two Russian bombers near U.S. airspace, officials said Friday.
Russian military officials had warned the United States the bombers would be conducting an exercise in the region. But as the planes crossed a 20-kilometre buffer zone around U.S. airspace, the NORAD planes moved in.
At about 6 p.m. ET Thursday, NORAD scrambled three pairs of fighter jets -- including two CF-18 jets from Cold Lake, Alta.
The American aircraft included four F-15s from Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage, Alaska.
"It was the Americans who found the bombers first. They came to within metres of the bombers," reported CTV's David Akin. "There was no radio contact. After a period of time, the Russians turned and went home."
Canadian Action Party calls for Royal Commission to investigate the September 11, 2001 incident known as 9/11
This is a condensed version of a recent, official Canadian Action Party Press Release received via e-mail from Connie Fogal. (C.A.P. is a registered federal political party with members throughout Canada, founded by Paul Hellyer in 1997)
CAP Press Release Convention 2006 Highlights
September 12, 2006
Canadian Action Party held its 2006 Convention in beautiful Victoria, B.C. this past weekend where the membership recommitted their patriotism towards Canadian Sovereignty and all matters critical to Canada remaining free, democratic and peace-seeking.
Leader Connie Fogal began Saturday’s session with a passionate explanation of the true reality Canadians are facing today, and affirmed CAP’s intention to restore Canada to its free, democratic state. [... ]She connected the dots between the failure of full investigation and disclosure of the events of 9/11, the police state laws created after 9/11, their trail to the North American Union, and the dangerous power of the military / industrial complex feared by former US President Eisenhower.
1) Call for a Royal Commission to investigate the full analysis of the September 11, 2001 incident known as 9/11; e.g., investigation of the free fall of three towers in New York, one of which was not hit by a plane, the failure to deploy interceptor planes, failure to heed advance security warnings from many countries. Canada has been negatively impacted by that event in several ways including a) the creation of liberty stripping anti-terrorism laws, b) the bureaucratic incremental integration of Canada with the USA into a North American entity with police state Emergency Preparedness Laws, a Smart Border Agreement, a Security and Prosperity Partnership Agreement , 3) the redefinition of Canada's military role from peacekeepers to aggressors, 4) justification of Canadian troops dying in Afghanistan, 5) the redirection of tax money away from supporting the Canadian safety net of social programs to funding a war machine.
2) A call for the Canadian government to cease immediately all its actions that are merging Canada into a North American entity, and a defence against the takeover and loss of our nation occurring via the implementation of a North American Union, without the consent or knowledge of the Canadian people..
3) A recommitment to the abrogation of NAFTA since NAFTA is the model for an integrated Fortress America focusing on military, immigration, defence, foreign affairs, harmonized health, policing, judicial, legal, as well as expanded economic and financial integration.
4) Support the Troops by immediately calling them home and removing them from cooperation with the U.S. invasion and occupation of Afghanistan
5) To call for the cessation of the militarization of Canada, and the expansion of a war budget, and return to the financing of health, education, housing, infrastructure, municipalities etc.
6) A sharper focusing on the immediacy of an endangered world from fossil fuels and global warming, with a practical call for a commitment to create a Canadian industry to manufacture Electric Cars in Canada
7) A call for rejection of the "AMERO", or any other North American currency, or the U.S. dollarization of Canada 's money supply, and a recommitment to the use of the Bank of Canada to protect our sovereignty over the Canadian economy and money supply
8) A call for the return of statutory reserves.
9)Commitment to prevent the use of Electronic Voting Machines in Federal Elections.
10) Make every effort to field 308 candidates in the next federal election.
11) Committee examination of and recommendation for implementing Direct Democracy within the party and national government, including a Swiss Style referendum process to be put to CAP/PAC membership for vote by referendum.
12) An expansion of policy detail respecting the CAP/PAC call for the rescission of all existing legislation and pending legislation that dismantles civil liberties including anti-terrorist legislation.
13) A new party logo.
l4) A motion to support the coalition against Israeli Apartheid was referred to the policy committee for more detailed consideration to be put to the membership within 30 days.
Full details of the Convention and revisions to the CAP’s platform will be available on our website as soon as possible. www.canadianactionparty.ca
NOTE: The full Press Release can now be read in it's entirety here:
Convention Videos (Flash):
Sept 8th - CAP President Catherine Whelan Costen - Opening of Convention 2006
Sept 9th - CAP Leader Connie Fogal addressing Membership Convention 2006