Despicable MSM articles....
As we speak, every 20 minutes there is a new despicable article that
dis-informs and slanders:
The enduring conspiracy factor
... the 1969 Apollo moon landing was staged in Hollywood;
"The Kennedy assassination was of such historical significance that the explanation that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone sounds weird,"
He expected his study would lend credence to the conspiracy theorists, but to his surprise, it showed that trauma at upper levels could indeed bring down the buildings in the manner and rate that occurred.
9/11: A defining moment for US
Then there are the inevitable conspiracy theories with some suggesting that the 9/11 attacks were in fact the handiwork of the administration designed to give it an excuse to fight a war for oil in the Middle East.
Two 20 something kids have even produced a short video of "Loose Ends" picked up from the Internet footage of the attacks to suggest that the twin towers fell in a controlled implosion, the Pentagon was hit by a cruise missile and not a plane, and the third flight headed for the White House was taken down by the US Air Force.
There is of course a perfectly logical explanation for the little puffs of dust seen rising from the bottom of the twin towers even before they collapsed and a smaller hole in the outer wall of the Pentagon.
The fumes at the bottom rose because of the build up of air pressure lower down as the upper floor fell and the hole in the Pentagon was only 75 feet wide because it was made by the fuselage of the Boeing 757 after its 124-foot-wide wings had broken off.
The fifth anniversary Monday also witnesses a whole host of rituals like peace marches, memorial meetings, interviews with the survivors and so on.
In 9/11, they see a government conspiracy
True believers gather in NYC to offer theories, try to change minds
Ellen Barry Los Angeles Times Sept. 10, 2006 12:00 AM
NEW YORK - Striding into Washington Square Park with a fistful of photocopied circulars and an earnest expression, Eric Williams could have been an environmental canvasser or a hip missionary. In fact, he is a pastry chef,
Raft of books mark 9/11 anniversary
NOT A SINGLE CONSPIRACY BOOK MENTIONED...
911 Plus Five Equals...?
By Will Durst, AlterNet. Posted September 8, 2006.
nothing from WILL at all.... sad. But there is a good one in the comments:
Top 19 Omissions & Distortions
[Report this comment]
Posted by: dainin on Sep 8, 2006 5:54 PM
David Ray Griffin, The 911 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions...
Published September 10, 2006 [ From the Lansing State Journal ]
Duane Hershberger: For some, reason collapsed along with WTC's two towers
ccording to Scripps Survey Research Center, over one-third of Americans believe the U.S. government was complicit in the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Fully 16 percent specifically blame the World Trade Center collapse on government-planted explosives.
That is, one in every six American adults assert their government schemed to kill 3,000 people, and only missed killing 25,000 by not detonating sooner.
It would be comforting if the one in six belonged to the same group of Americans (58 percent) who, according to a Zogby poll, can name the Three Stooges, but not the three branches of government. You could write off the conspiracy theorists as ignorant kooks.Advertisement
Unfortunately, ignorance is not the issue. The conspiracists probably can name the three branches of government: the Evil Executive, the Lawless Legislative and the Jejune Judiciary.
From a those-around-me-are-sane standpoint, the "government bombed the WTC" theory is a mild delusion, comfortably nestled among the ideas that the Pentagon was not hit by a plane, that 4,000 Jews who worked in the WTC called in sick on 9/11 and that al-Qaida had no involvement with the attacks. Speaking relatively, these are the "reality-based" ideas.
Momentarily at the fringe, government-murder-plot-wise, we have Professor Emeritus A. K. Dewdney, at the University of Western Ontario. He believes (and I quote):
1. Four commercial passenger jets (American Airlines Flights 11 and 77 and United Airlines Flights 93 and 175) take off; shortly after the pilots are ordered to land at a designated airport with a military presence.
2. Two previously prepared planes (one a Boeing 767, painted up to look like a United Airlines jet and loaded with extra jet fuel) take off and are flown by remote control to intercept the flight paths of AA11 and UA175 so as to deceive the air traffic controllers.
3. These (substituted) jets then fly toward Manhattan; the first crashes into the North Tower and (18 minutes later) the second crashes into the South Tower.
4. A fighter jet (under remote control), or a cruise missile, crashes into the Pentagon.
5. Back at the airport, the (innocent) passengers from three of the Boeings are transferred to the fourth (UA93).
6. This plane takes off, flies toward Washington, and is shot down by a U.S. Air Force jet over Pennsylvania, eliminating the innocent witnesses to the diversion of the passenger planes.
7. Under cover of darkness later that evening, the other three Boeings are flown by remote control out over the Atlantic, and end up in pieces at the bottom of the ocean.
Dewdney has contributed to Scientific American and is the author of several books on computer science. Neither he, nor BYU professor Steven Jones - the academic progenitor of the WTC bombing theory - are self-evidently flakes. Nonetheless, neither would go unheralded in a pie-crust factory.
I haven't space to present rebuttals to the "theories" mentioned above, but I can point you to some debunking information linked through my blog: http://otherclub.blogspot.com/2006/09/911-conspiracy-debunking.html.