The Great Anglo-American Energy Miscalculation?
The Great Anglo-American Energy Miscalculation?
In far off countries, about which we know little, deals are being struck that will bring exasperation and ever increasing degrees of desperation to the "Anglo-American Military Industrial Complex's" aspirations of controlling the world energy markets.
There are hot wars, and there are cold wars, both are going on right now. The general public is largely oblivious to them both. The hot wars are in Afghanistan and Iraq, these are waged for the very same reasons that the cold ones are currently being fought out. The most obvious cold war currently is the war against Iran, but a few degrees cooler than this is the war being carried out against Russia.
The hot wars are allegedly being fought against Al-Qaeda and 'terror'. Some now question who and what Al-Qaeda is, and it's about time more people did. A recent article published in the Canadian main stream media carried the title 'The War on Terror is a Fraud' (1). The same author published another article a week later titled 'Scholars debate 9/11 findings' (2). The latter article questioned the very foundation of the 'War On Terror', upon which the US Military Industrial Complex invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. These two articles simply build on one published much earlier, by a former UK government minister Michael Meacher, in The Guardian titled 'The War on Terror is Bogus, UK Guardian' (3).
Webster Tarpley is a best selling author, and researcher into clandestine government agencies and their operations. In his book '9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA', chapter 4 is provocatively titled 'AL QAEDA: THE CIA’S ARAB LEGION' (4). Webster Tarpley has suggested that Al-Qaeda should be renamed Al-CIA-Da, he was on the record recently saying 'Al-Qaeda was created by Robert Gates, the current US secretary of defence' (5).
What is being proposed?
The proposition is this: The current horrific genocidal wars being inflicted on the population of Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the demonization of billions of Muslims post 9/11, isn't the result of a war against Al-Qaeda/Al-CIA-Da. The war on terror is a front, 'terror' justifies a battle against a mythical enemy who can never be defeated.
In reality the war on 'terror' is about the control over substantial portions of the world's energy reserves for the next century. The purpose of controlling energy supplies was deemed essential and has been outlined by former US presidential advisors, and current top US administration staff (6,7). To shift your current paradigm you must start with the foundational events used to justify these wars, and at least question the validity of the official accounts of 9/11 (New York, USA) and 7/7 (London, England) attrocities (4,8,9,10,11,12). Without doing so, you risk misunderstanding perhaps the greatest political false paradigm of all time. It is the purpose of this article to pose the questions, and for you to use the references given here to formulate your own opinion outside of the controlled media, using as sources those research scholars who have no vested interests (4,8,12).
We all know that Iraq has oil, but Afghanistan has gas, oil and great pipeline prospects!
In 1989 the Soviet Union was defeated in Afghanistan, by the Mujahideen which was entirely backed the CIA, and CIA client regimes of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Two years later, the Soviet Union collapsed, so this was a massive victory for the US Military Industrial complex. The major contributing factors in the collapse of the Soviet Union were no doubt the defeat in Afghanistan and the monumental costs of the war. Artificially low world oil prices (helped in part by over production by CIA client states such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait) didn't help the Soviet Union's survival attempts. Russia houses the worlds biggest gas reserves and second biggest (potentially the world's biggest) oil reserves (13,14).
Using technology from the 1970s Soviet estimates placed Afghanistan's proven and probable oil and condensate reserves at 95 million barrels. At the same time they had estimated Afghanistan's proven and probable natural gas reserves at up to 5 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) 15. The CIA currently states that Afghanistan has no oil reserves (16). This would seem completely inaccurate because Soviet geologists also identified 15 potential oil and gas fields in northern Afghanistan of which only 3 were developed.
Importantly during the withdrawal of Soviet troops, Afghanistan's natural gas fields were capped to prevent sabotage. Restoration of gas production has been hampered by internal strife and the disruption of traditional trading relationships following the dissolution of the Soviet Union (17).
The Pipeline War.
Energy is the lifeblood of all modern economies and especially the rapidly developing energy hungry giants which are China & India. Needless to say that after the invasion of Afghanistan to liberate the country from 'Bin Laden, the Taliban & Al-Qaeda' there was a pipeline contract, there is a massive rebuilding effort in Afghanistan's Oil & Gas infrastructure. There is an effort to link pipelines to surrounding gas rich countries in order to supply energy hungry India, China and Pakistan (18). The BBC in their article ('Afghanistan plans gas pipeline', dated 13th May 2002, & referenced here) fail to mention that Hamid Karzai the interim Afghan leader at the time, and now leader, was a former Unocal Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The pipeline is being built and protected by the NATO soldiers who are fighting the CIA's imaginary provocateured Arab Legion (also knows as Al-Qaeda).
The title of this article states that there has been a miscalculation, and indeed that is true. The Military Industrial Complex, its CIA and all the provocateured 'terrorist' threats can not stop a newly resurgent Russia.
The bear has been making its own calculations, possibly using Chinese made computers and Indian software. What's worse the Russian program will inevitably lead to serious software and maybe even hardware failure for the Anglo-American Military Industrial Complex should the war in Iraq and Afghanistan fail to secure the energy resources for which they have been fought.
Have Oil & Gas, Can Deliver to China, India and Europe.
Putin has clinched a deal with former Soviet Republics Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan that will send shock waves throughout the Washington faction (19). This was greatly unexpected by the Washington/London petro-oligarchy. The energy from these two countries is highly significant & immediately profitable. It can be developed quickly and doesn't require a Washington backed army to protect it, as is the case for Afghanistan or Iraq. In one stroke Russia has outmanoeuvred the Anglo-American hegemony, they will not be pleased. The near future oil and gas exports to China and India will dwarf the energy requirements of Europe and the United States. If this energy isn't purchased in Anglo-American controlled petro-dollars, this wealth to the Anglo-American empire is lost, and the energy assets used to prop up the petro-dollar is also lost. The BBC reported this deal as a 'Huge Blow', however the BBC wasn't clear as to the exact reasons this deal was a 'Huge Blow', and so threat the "EU" (20). In reality the Anglo-American oligarchy has been dealt a massive blow. For its part the BBC is simply more and more unreliable, during this 'war on terror/war of terror' it has become increasingly uncritical, un-analytical and become a news agency reporting UK government propaganda, without question.
Have no Oil or Gas, but we can 'Gas' all day long.
In an article titled 'Five ex-Soviet bloc leaders back oil pipeline bypassing Russia' the media are keen to report that the heads of state, from five former communist-bloc countries have said they wanted to diversify their energy supplies and gave their backing to a planned oil pipeline bypassing Russia (21).
In actuality what was being demonstrated at this meeting was a giant proxy conference. The five ex-communist countries obviously include the CIA inspired revolutionary states Azerbaijan, Georgia, Lithuania, Ukraine and Poland. On behalf of the Anglo-American military industrial complex, via its new client states, this meeting reached agreement unsurprisingly and was a 'success'.
However in Russia the news reported this meeting in a different light, in an article titled 'Warsaw energy summit's bleak prospects' (22). Was this meeting and subsequent 'deal' without wheels, or alas, the gas to drive the wheels? The Russian media seem to think so, describing that the agreement has been a waste of time, because without Turkmen or Kazakh oil and gas, the pipeline will never deliver the kind of capacity, not will it have the desired longevity required by the 'five ex-communist bloc countries'.
From a strictly oil and gas perspective (because this is what the current conflict is over); the jury is still out on whether the war on terror in Afghanistan and Iraq will turn out to be a waste of time. The war on terror's success will be measured in profit margins and dividend payments of Exxon, BP, Chevron, Texaco, and Unocal etc, not in the number of votes cast in Iraq or Afghanistan.
1. The War on Terror is a Fraud. John Gleeson, Winnipeg Sun, Canada 13th April 2007.
2. Scholars debate 9/11 findings. John Gleeson, Winnipeg Sun, Canada 18th April 2007.
3. The War on Terror is Bogus. Michael Meacher, The Guardian, UK, 6th September 2003
4. 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made In USA. Webster Tarpley, Fourth Edition, Progressive Press 2007.
5. Webster Tarpley interviewed on 'Hannity & Colmes', Fox Television, 9th May 2007.
6. 'Rebuilding America's Defenses' and the Project for the New American Century. PNAC, 2000. (http://newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf)
7. The Grand Chessboard. American Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives. Zbiginew Brzezinski, Basic Books 1998.
8. July 7th as Machiavellian State Terror? Professor David MacGregor PhD, London School of Economics. (http://www.julyseventh.co.uk/july-7-article-david-macgregor-july-7th-as-...)
9. Ludicrous Diversion, 7/7 London Bombings Documentary. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4943675105275097719&q=ludicrous)
10. TerrorStorm, A History of Government Sponsored Terrorism. Alex Jones, Infowars Productions. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=786048453686176230&q=terrorstorm)
11. Mind the Gap. David Shayler BA. (ex-MI5 agent), UK. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2001897549763616199&q=mind+the+gap)
12. Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics and Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory. Professor David Ray Griffin PhD, Olive Branch Press, 2007.
13. Russia in the 'CIA World Factbook'. (https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/rs.html)
14. 'Russian oil and gas reserves are underestimated.' - Putin. RIA Novosti, 27th September 2007.
15. Afghanistan Fact Sheet. Country Analysis Briefs, June 2004. Energy Information Administration, Official Energy Statistics of the Department of Energy, U.S. Government. (http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/afghan.html)
16. Afghanistan in the 'CIA World Factbook', as stated on 17th April 2007. (https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/af.html)
17. Soviet War in Afghanistan. Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_in_Afghanistan)
18. Afghanistan plans gas pipeline. BBC Business News, 13th May 2002.(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1984459.stm)
19. Russia, CAsia leaders agree landmark gas pipeline deal. Anton Lomov, 12th May 2007, AFP. (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070512/tbs-russia-casia-5268574.html)
20. Russia clinches gas pipeline deal. BBC News, 12th May 2007. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6649169.stm)
21. Five ex-Soviet bloc leaders back oil pipeline bypassing Russia. AFP, Friday, 11th May 2007. (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070511/tbs-poland-easteurope-5268574.html)
22. Warsaw energy summit's bleak prospects. Igor Tomberg for RIA Novosti, 10th May 2007. (http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20070510/65265679.html)