Toxic Tower Damaged on 9/11 Finally Coming Down

Two stories years apart yet seriously connected.

I suspect the that the Deutsche Bank Skyscraper was supposed to collapse on 9/11 in the way WTC 7 collapsed, yet failed due to either shoddy controlled demolition criminals, or, competing powers sabotaged the collapse in order to hedge their position amongst the world's power elite by retrieving from the building things that were supposed to be destroyed as well as leaving ground zero with tons of possible evidence keeping the criminals on edge and easier to negotiate with; or, some hero managed to kill the switch. However you look at it, Deutsche Bank Skyscraper is suspect. I connect the August 18th, 2007 story of 2 Firefighters killed in the fire at the abandoned Deutsche Bank skyscraper. The story is that there was a six alarm fire raging in a skyscraper that had been practically gutted; so what was the fuel source for the fires? Steel girders? (I'll remember to throw a few hunks of steel on the fire next time I want to roast some marshmallows. I guess that after 9/11 we now have new laws of physics so anything is possible.) So were these poor firefighters murdered because they had witnessed things on the day of 9/11? Or perhaps the firefighters came across some left over demolition explosives in the Deutsche Bank's structure and had to be silenced. Speculation can take you many places with this story. One thing for sure is that this building will finally be removed. Let's just hope it remains in the mix, however, with regards to the mass murder investigation.

Lead story:
Toxic Tower Damaged on 9/11 Finally Coming Down 9/11, years of debate and delays, toxic tower at ground zero finally coming down
By KAREN MATTHEWS Associated Press
NEW YORK January 10, 2011 (AP)

The contaminated bank tower stood shrouded in black netting for years over ground zero, filled with toxic dust and the remains of 9/11 victims. It stayed where it was, not coming down even as the towers at the World Trade Center site slowly began to rise.

Nearly a decade after the trade center's south tower fell into it, the building with a sad history of legal and regulatory fights, multiple accidents and a blaze that killed two firefighters will finally be gone. The demise of the 41-story former Deutsche Bank building, just south of ground zero, is at least as welcome to its neighbors as the construction of new trade center towers.

"I love having the light," said Mary Perillo, whose eighth-floor kitchen window overlooks the busy work site where the steel framework of the Deutsche Bank building is being disassembled. "I love having that black monolith out of my face."

The bank tower — first slated for deconstruction in 2005, when a government agency bought it to end an impasse over who would pay to take it down — is down to two stories above street level. The Lower Manhattan Development Corp., the agency that oversaw the $300 million dismantling, said it will be completely removed in a little over a week.

"You're talking about the end of an era," said Kirk Raymond of Windsor, Ontario, gazing at what's left of the building on a visit to the trade center site. "You're erasing the last signs of something pretty terrible."

The delicate work of dismantling a skyscraper — referred to by its street address, 130 Liberty — is visible from surrounding buildings and from the street.

Tourists watched last week as a huge crane gently lowered a steel beam. Sparks flew as a welder removed the cables holding the beam.

"It was great," said Catherine McVay Hughes, a downtown Manhattan community board officer who walked by the building last week. "It was nice to actually be able to see through the skeletal remains of 130 Liberty."


2 Firefighters Killed in Fire at Abandoned Deutsche Bank Skyscraper,2933,293713,00.html

Two firefighters lost their lives Saturday while battling a blaze at the former Deutsche Bank skyscraper in downtown Manhattan, abandoned after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Officers at the scene said the building was in danger of collapse after a seven-alarm fire ripped through the vacant structure near Ground Zero, police told the Associated Press.
The blaze began about a dozen floors up in the tower.
One firefighter suffered cardiac arrest and another smoke inhalation. A third suffered minor injuries to an ankle, fire officials at the scene said.
The fire was burning on multiple floors at the building. Construction crews had already dismantled 14 of the building's 40 stories -- reaching the 26th floor on Tuesday. Some firefighters used stairs to reach the burning upper floors.
More than two hours after the blaze was first reported, the blaze was declared a six-alarm fire. Officials continued to push onlookers further back from the building and set up a command post on the West Side Highway. Officials could be seen poring over a map of the area.

The cause of the fire was unknown. Smoke pouring from the burning building was visible from midtown Manhattan and the New Jersey side of the Hudson River.
The acrid smell of smoke, which hung over the neighborhood for days after Sept. 11, returned to lower Manhattan along with the wail of emergency vehicles. More than three dozen fire vehicles, with more than 160 firefighters, responded to the blaze as pieces of burning debris fell from the building to the streets.
Scaffolding on the sides of the building was aflame as police shut down streets in the area around Ground Zero.
The building at 130 Liberty St. has become a constant headache for redevelopers in the nearly six years since the attacks. The 1.4 million square foot office tower stood as a downtown Manhattan eyesore, contaminated with toxic dust and debris after the World Trade Center's south tower collapsed into it.
Efforts to dismantle the skyscraper were halted by a labor dispute last year, along with the ongoing search for the remains of attack victims.
More than 700 bones and fragments were discovered in the contaminated skyscraper from mid-2005 to June of this year, including some positively matched this year to a previously unidentified victim. The last bones found at the building were in March, leading city officials to conclude their search three months later.
Officials did not immediately comment on whether the smoke at the scene contained any toxic chemicals. A spokesman for the Empire State Development Corp. said the agency, which is overseeing redevelopment at Ground Zero, was working with emergency officials to assess the impact of the fire.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more:,2933,293713,00.html#ixzz1BGTeg5JV

If it hasn't been completely taken down yet

someone should go in there and collect dust samples.


I tried back in 2007 right after the firefighter were killed and couldn't anywhere close to the entrance of the building, and sadly I am not a Ninja. Perhaps someone working in the building could scrape up some samples. Regardless, good idea Mekt