Phone Calls From the Planes: Surprising New Evidence
For the Zacarias Moussoui trial, the government has released all its detailed evidence regarding the phone calls from the planes. The evidence is titled "Zacarias Moussaoui Prosecution Trial Exhibit number P200055," and can be partially viewed here:
The evidence is very revealing and detailed, and contradicts some of the assumptions previously held by 9/11 researchers. For example:
1. All of Tom Burnett's calls from UAL93 were made from airphones in the back of the plane. It had previously been reported that his calls were made from his cell phone, which caused controversy since his first two calls were made when the plane was still above 30,000 feet, at which altitude cell phone calls are difficult if not impossible.
2. All the phone calls from UAL93 were made by airphones, with the lone exception of Cee Cee Lyles' call on a cell phone at 10:57. At that time, the plane's transponder was turned on showing the plane at 7,000 feet, speed unknown.
3. The evidence exhibit shows exactly which airphone each call was made. All airphone calls from all flights were made from the rear area of the planes, where the passengers had apparently been herded.
4. Amy Sweeney's numerous calls from AAL11 were not made on an airphone as previously reported. Her calls were made on a cell phone starting at about 8:25. At this time, the plane's transponder was turned off and the altitude was unknown.
5. All the cell phone calls (UAL175 had none) were made at times when the planes' altitude was unknown, and thus could have been made when the planes were below 8,000 feet at which altitude cell phone calls are known to be possible from airplanes.
Conclusions: The argument that the phone calls are faked because cell phone calls are impossible from moving airplanes is discredited by this new evidence.
Note that the body of evidence taken from the phone calls at large DOES NOT support the government's story of 19 Arab hijackers. The phone calls indicate hijackers with knives; but they do not show the hijackers to be Arabs-- only persons who may have been impersonating Arabs. The phone calls also show evidence that the hijackers were armed with guns as well, pointing to a far more sophisticated conspiracy than the al-Qaeda operatives of the official story.