9/11 victims

9/11 relatives, defense attorneys share emotional meeting

"GUANTANAMO BAY NAVY BASE, Cuba -- Some victims wept. So did at least one of the U.S. military officers assigned to defend the accused Sept. 11 conspirators at their murder trial.

For 90 exceptional minutes Sunday, lawyers for the accused terrorists and the parents of young men killed in the World Trade Center huddled in a ramshackle hangar at the war court ahead of this week’s hearing. And they exchanged stories through a veil of pain.

“In the beginning there was discomfort. There was some anger. There was some tears,” said Phyllis Rodriguez, whose 31-year-old son Greg was killed working at the finance firm Cantor Fitzgerald on the 103rd floor of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

But by the end, said Loreen Sellitto, mother of 23-year-old Matthew who also was killed at Cantor Fitzgerald, “I saw them love our Constitution. Their goal is to present a case and defend someone. It’s what our country is built on.”"'

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/28/3205262/911-relatives-defense-attorneys.html#storylink=cpy

U.S. fights to keep $6.6 million in al-Qaeda assets from 9/11 victims

January 22, 2012 | By Chris Mondics, Inquirer Staff Writer

In a ferocious legal battle pitting government lawyers against victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, the Justice Department is fighting to block thousands of individuals and businesses from taking $6.6 million in frozen al-Qaeda assets seized from an alleged terrorism financier.

Frozen by the U.S. Treasury Department in 2007, the money is sought by the attorneys for 6,000 individual victims and insurers who suffered billions in losses from the attacks on the World Trade Center.

The money, in a Chicago brokerage account controlled by senior al-Qaeda operative Abu al-Tayyeb until his arrest in Saudi Arabia in 2006, drew little public notice until lawyers for 9/11 victims moved in June to collect on a 2007 default judgment.

Read more here: http://articles.philly.com/2012-01-22/business/30652937_1_qaeda-al-qaeda-terror-attacks

9/11 Victims Phones Tapped For Details in the Days Before 9/11/01 ?

You have to ask yourself why these reporters from News of the World were trying to get details of 9/11 Victims phone conversations before the atrocity of 9/11/01.
I find this ex-officer's (now private investigator) claim very interesting. What kind of details were they looking for from the phone conversations of victims leading up to the atrocity of 9/11/01. Here's the statement of the ex-officer followed with a link to the article:

"Now working as a private ­investigator, the ex-officer claimed reporters wanted the victim’s phone numbers and details of the calls they had made and received in the days leading up to the atrocity."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2011/07/11/phone-hacking-9-11-victims-may-have-had-mobiles-tapped-by-news-of-the-world-reporters-1...

9/11 relatives see family support waning

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_on_re_us/sept11_survey_1;_ylt=AsAS_H6lvhVEhrnXJcdkQppH2ocA

9/11 relatives see family support waning

By FRANK ELTMAN, Associated Press Writer

More relatives of 9/11 victims say support from family has waned or even stopped six years after the terrorist attacks, indicating fatigue or the feeling the relatives should go on with their lives.

The annual survey released Thursday by the World Trade Center Family Center found a 19 percent drop in "strong support" from in-laws and other relatives since last year.

"There probably is some Sept. 11 fatigue, yes," said Dr. Minna Barrett, director of research and training at the Long Island-based center. The survey involved 100 adult family members and relatives of victims who died in the trade center attacks in 2001.

Representative comments from survey respondents included: "Some family members say to get on with it now," or "We get on each other's nerves" or "We were originally inseparable and now we are going our separate ways."