NYPD confirms CIA officer works at department
Aug 25 07:08 PM US/Eastern
By EILEEN SULLIVAN
WASHINGTON (AP) - New York's police commissioner confirmed Thursday that a CIA officer is working out of police headquarters there, after an Associated Press investigation revealed an unusual partnership with the CIA that has blurred the line between foreign and domestic spying. But he and the CIA said the spy agency's role at the department is an advisory one.
Speaking to reporters in New York, commissioner Raymond Kelly acknowledged that the CIA trains NYPD officers on "trade craft issues," meaning espionage techniques, and advises police about events happening overseas. Kelly also said he was unaware of any other U.S. police department with a similar relationship with the CIA.
"They are involved in providing us with information, usually coming from perhaps overseas and providing it to us for, you know, just for our purposes," Kelly said.
CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood said the agency does not spy inside the United States and also described the relationship with the NYPD as collaborative.
"Our cooperation, in coordination with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is exactly what the American people deserve and have come to expect following 9/11," she said.
by Kevin Fenton, 911truth.org
Following the airing of allegations by former counterterrorism "tsar" Richard Clarke that the CIA deliberately withheld from him information about Pentagon hijackers Khalid Almihdhar and Nawaf Alhazmi, former CIA director George Tenet, former CIA Counterterrorist Center chief Cofer Black and Richard Blee, a mid-level agency official who occupied two key counterterrorist positions before 9/11, have responded with a joint statement.
Clarke said that information about the two men was deliberately withheld from him in January 2000, at the time of a key al-Qaeda meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which the CIA monitored. Clarke alleged that, based on his knowledge of how the CIA works, Tenet authorised the deliberate withholding. Clarke added that the information was clearly important in the summer of 2001, when the CIA knew that Almihdhar was in the country and, in the words of one of Blee's former deputies, was "very high interest" in connection with the next al-Qaeda attack. However, the CIA continued to withhold some information from both Clarke and the FBI.
Mark Rossini, one of Blee's former subordinates at Alec Station, the CIA's bin Laden unit, has previously admitted deliberately withholding the information from the FBI. According to Rossini, in early January 2000 he and a colleague, Doug Miller, knew they should notify the FBI that Almihdhar had a US visa and presumably intended to soon visit the US. Miller even drafted, but did not send, a cable informing the FBI of Almihdhar's visa. However, Rossini says he and Miller were instructed by a female CIA officer known as "Michael" and Blee's deputy, Tom Wilshire, to withhold the information.
Continue reading here
by Philip Shenon, the Daily Beast
In a new documentary, former national-security aide Richard Clarke suggests the CIA tried to recruit 9/11 hijackers—then covered it up. Philip Shenon on George Tenet’s denial.
With the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks only a month away, former CIA Director George Tenet and two former top aides are fighting back hard against allegations that they engaged in a massive cover-up in 2000 and 2001 to hide intelligence from the White House and the FBI that might have prevented the attacks.
The source of the explosive, unproved allegations is a man who once considered Tenet a close friend: former White House counterterrorism czar Richard Clarke, who makes the charges against Tenet and the CIA in an interview for a radio documentary timed to the 10th anniversary next month. Portions of the Clarke interview were made available to The Daily Beast by the producers of the documentary.
In the interview for the documentary, Clarke offers an incendiary theory that, if true, would rewrite the history of the 9/11 attacks, suggesting that the CIA intentionally withheld information from the White House and FBI in 2000 and 2001 that two Saudi-born terrorists were on U.S. soil—terrorists who went on to become suicide hijackers on 9/11.
Continue reading here.
by: Jason Leopold, Truthout
With the tenth anniversary of 9/11 just a month away, the intelligence failures leading up to the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon have started to attract fresh scrutiny from former counterterrorism officials, who have called into question the veracity of the official government narrative that concluded who knew what and when.
Indeed, recently Truthout published an exclusive report based on documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act and an interview with a former high-ranking counterterrorism official that showed how a little-known military intelligence unit, unbeknownst to the various investigative bodies probing the terrorist attacks, was ordered by senior government officials to stop tracking Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda's movements prior to 9/11.
And now, in a stunning new interview made available to Truthout that is scheduled to air on a local PBS affiliate in Colorado tonight, former counterterrorism czar Richard Clarke, for the first time, levels explosive allegations against three former top CIA officials - George Tenet, Cofer Black and Richard Blee - accusing them of knowingly withholding intelligence from the Bush and Clinton White House, the FBI, Immigration and the State and Defense Departments about two of the 9/11 hijackers who had entered the United States more than a year before the attacks. Moreover, Clarke says the former CIA officials likely engaged in a cover-up by withholding key details about two of the hijackers from the 9/11 Commission.
A blog entry brought to my attention the existence of a CIA database of declassified documents at http://www.foia.cia.gov/search.asp. I have begun searching through it, and thought 911blogger members may find it of some use. One must be creative in finding search terms that yield material. I found no entries, for example, under "world trade center," or "wtc," so I got out my copy of the 9-11 Commission report to get ideas, and put in Kean, which yielded an assessment of CIA performance on 9-11, dated June 2005, which I am reading through now.
Real-Time Raid Hoax Exposed As Photo Op
Panetta: Obama did not see bin Laden being killed
May 03, 2011
By Michael Winter
In an interview with the PBS NewsHour, CIA Director Leon Panetta said that although President Obama was watching some "real-time aspects" of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound, he did not see the al-Qaeda leader being killed.
Here's part of the exchange with Jim Lehrer:
JIM LEHRER: Did you have access to video of what was actually happening in the compound, etc.?
LEON PANETTA: We had live-time intelligence information that we were dealing with during the operation itself.
JIM LEHRER: Did you actually see - or did you actually see Osama bin Laden get shot?
The person in this video clip claiming he is not going to hold anyone accountable for "failures" that resulted in the attacks of 9-11 was awarded the Presidential medal of freedom award and a million dollar book deal.
"President Bush awarded the nation's highest civilian honor Tuesday to three men central to his Iraq policy, saying they had played "pivotal roles in great events."
"Tenet left the CIA in July after seven years as director. He has been criticized for intelligence failures before the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and the never-proven prewar allegations that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction."
"Mr. Bush credited him as "one of the first to recognize and address the threat to America from radical networks." He said that after Sept. 11, Tenet was "ready with a plan to strike back at al Qaeda and to topple the Taliban."
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Steve R. Pieczenik says "9/11 was a false flag operation, I would tell this in court"
The above video is an excerpt from an interview between Alex Jones and Dr. Steve Pieczenik entitled 'Bin Laden, The Oswald Like Patsy Died 10 Years Ago'. In this excerpt Pieczenik speaks about both 9/11 and Osama Bin Laden, though it was his statements about 9/11 that inspired me make this particular part of the interview available here.
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations Steve R. Pieczenik says he is prepared to tell a federal grand jury the name of a top general who told him directly 9/11 was a false flag attack
excerpt from review of book, Arab Voices:
In a major failing, Arab Voices ignores polling showing that a majority in the Arab and Muslim world has for several years proclaimed 9/11 conspiracy theories claiming that the terrorist acts were secretly perpetrated by the U.S. government, CIA and Israel's Mossad. The supposed purpose of this conspiracy and mass murder was to inculcate anti-Muslim hate in order to provide a pretext for attacking innocent Muslim countries. According to American academics, here and here, in a poll conducted in 2004 in seven Muslim countries, 78 percent of respondents said that they do not believe the 9/11 attacks were carried out by Arabs. The most popular account, in these countries is that 9/11 was the work of the U.S. or Israeli governments. This belief, inculcated by Arab media, mosques and schools, is met essentially with silence from James Zogby. Likewise, Zogby is silent about Palestinian media incitement to violence against Israelis (for examples see here, here and here).
here is the article:
March 24, 2011 by Myron Kaplan
James Zogby's Arab Voices Support One Message Only
Cheney’s office misled Colin Powell on Iraq threat, former aide says
The Raw Story, February 19, 2011
Lawrence Wilkerson, the former chief of staff of former Secretary of State Colin Powell, said Friday that former vice president Dick Cheney’s office misled his old boss with bogus information to sell the Iraq War to the American people. This talk with MSNBC’s Cenk Uygur Friday came in the wake of Iraqi defector Rafid Ahmed Alwan Al-Janabi nicknamed “Curveball” admitting he lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
Before 9/11, In 2001, From Feb to July 2001 a trial was going on in NYC. It was called "USA v. Usama bin Laden et al". It was over in July 2001 but not the sentencing part. The sentencing came after 9/11 in Oct 2001. The only defendant that didn't receive his sentencing was the only one that had already pleaded guilty. His name was Ali Mohammed.
"Daily transcripts of the USA v. Usama bin Laden et al trial in the Southern District of New York.".....
October 21, 2001
"The curtain came down on the embassy bombings trial on Thursday when a federal judge sentenced four men to life in prison for attacks on U.S. embassies in East Africa three years ago."
"Mohamed al-'Owhali, Khalfan Khamis Mohamed, Mohamed Odeh and Wadih el Hage each got life without parole for their roles in near simultaneous attacks August 7, 1998, on embassies at Kenya and Tanzania."
"The sentencing marked the conclusion of the only U.S. prosecution to date involving members of al Qaeda, the militant group headed by accused terrorist Osama bin Laden."
"Besides the four men sentenced on Thursday, another defendant, Ali Mohamed, pleaded guilty last year."
Saturday, November 13th, 2010
A report the Justice Department has been trying to hide for the past four years offers the most detailed account yet of the CIA's efforts to protect known Nazi war criminals in the United States.
The report, obtained by the New York Times, may be the most concrete account yet of the role that prominent members of Germany's Nazi party played in the early, formative years of the CIA, following World War II. It alleges the CIA created a "safe haven" for Nazis believed to be of use to the US's Cold War efforts.
Here is some information that may be helpful in figuring out just why the popular alternative media sites have censored 9/11 truth information. I have no proof, no evidence, but I think this should be considered as a possible reason for the blockout of the important and scholarly research that many in the 9/11 truth movement have presented.
ALTERNATIVE MEDIA CENSORSHIP:
SPONSORED BY CIA's FORD FOUNDATION?
by bob feldman
The mass-circulation weekly TEMPO accused Ford of having once played, at the urging of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a covert role in Indonesian political affairs by consciously supporting the work of individuals who were deemed to be sympathetic to the anti-communist aims of American foreign policy.
— Chronicle of Philanthropy, 12/13/01
Why I "support" the official story.
By "Official Story" I am referring to Government Investigations into the 9-11 attacks, official government documents, Mainstream news reports, and reports from established "mainstream" authors.
The official story tells us that when given repeated warnings of a catastrophic attack, the Secretary of Defense deserted his post when the attacks finally happened on 9-11, along with the President of the United States, who not only deserted his post but lied to the American People as to the Motive behind the attacks and committed obstruction of justice and treason while conducting a cover up. The official story tells us that VP Dick Cheney and National Security Adviser C Rice are both liars that lied about the events that took place on 9-11. The official story tells us that the U.S. Government knew exactly what the conclusions of the NIST Investigation into the WTC disaster would be before NIST even was assigned to do an investigation.
"There are people who hate freedom. This is a fight for freedom." - President Bush
Subject: False-flag Motives Laid bare -- E.P. Heidner proves 911 Staged to Derail Investigations by killing the investigators and destroying records at Office of Naval Intelligence in the Pentagon etc.