What do Dick Cheney's wife, Irving Kristol and Laurence Silberman have in common? They are all arch-neoconservatives (or married to them).
And they have all been working to get Professor Barrett fired from UW and to prevent other 9/11 truthers from teaching.
I can understand poor Lynne Cheney's involvement: she does not want to see her husband prosecuted as a traitor and war criminal as one of the apparent perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks.
Thanks to Daithi for the heads up.
Allegations of severe torture have regularly emerged from Iraq
Torture may be worse now in Iraq than under former leader Saddam Hussein, the UN's chief anti-torture expert says.
Manfred Nowak said the situation in Iraq was "out of control", with abuses being committed by security forces, militia groups and anti-US insurgents.
Bodies found in the Baghdad morgue "often bear signs of severe torture", said the human rights office of the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq in a report.
The wounds confirmed reports given by refugees from Iraq, Mr Nowak said.
He told journalists at a briefing in Geneva that he had yet to visit Iraq, but he was able to base his information on autopsies and interviews with Iraqis in neighbouring Jordan.
However, there are even more goodies for 911 Truthers in this list. It also brings to light...
- ...that Halliburton sold nuclear technologies to Iran. You know, that very Halliburton company, which is a Texas-based multinational, employing 100.000+ persons and making a 20+ billion $US revenues p.a. Oh, and which also still pays a 200.000 $US p.a. (deferred) salary to US Vice President Dick Cheney. Cheney used to be Halliburton's Chairman and CEO. He still owns quite a large chunk of their stock options. [Story #2]
- ...that last year alone, Cheney’s Halliburton stock rose by over 3000 percent. Not bad at all. And lots of more interesting facts in their Story #24...
Other interesting stories include...
- ..."#1 Future of Internet Debate Ignored by Media",
- ..."#4 Hunger and Homelessness Increasing in the US",
- ..."#6 Federal Whistleblower Protection in Jeopardy"
- ..."#7 US Operatives Torture Detainees to Death in Afghanistan and Iraq"
- ..."#8 Pentagon Exempt from Freedom of Information Act"
- ..."#14 Homeland Security Contracts KBR to Build Detention Centers in the US"
- ..."#17 Iraq Invasion Promotes OPEC Agenda"
- ..."#22 $Billions in Homeland Security Spending Undisclosed"
Can anyone tell me where exactly on the June 1, 2001 memo of the Joint Chiefs it states that Dick Cheney is to be placed in charge of NORAD?
This story from gaelicstarover shows that the imperialists have tapped Lynne Cheney (and Joe Lieberman) to help out in the effort to squash 9/11 truth:
"…from Associated Press via the Portsmouth Herald News:
"A national group has suggested that a formal review of a University of New Hampshire professor's teaching is necessary, including his views that government officials orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
The American Council of Trustees and Alumni, in a Sept. 1 letter to the chairman of UNH's board of trustees, suggested that ‘a formal investigation is necessary’ into William Woodward.”
Unfortunately, the article fails to mention that the organization in question was founded by Lynne Cheney, wife of Dick Cheney, with Senator Joseph Lieberman, in 1995.
These folks are as relentless as they are shameless."