KSM

Moussaoui : “I am willing to fully testify on the 9/11 case ”

Via Miami Herald

 

    “I am willing to fully testify on the 9/11 case,” Zacarias Moussaoui wrote in broken English in January, “even if I was charge on the death penalty case as it incriminate me.” It is handwritten and signed “Slave of Allah.”

    The first docketed letter arrived at war-court judiciary headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, on Nov. 12, 2015 in an envelope from the U.S. penitentiary. In that one he offers to testify about “the real 9/11 mastermind,” then names Saudi Prince Turki, Princess Haifa, and a man named Omar. A lightly redacted Jan. 29, 2016 letter mentions a possible interview with an attorney for KSM — the U.S. intelligence nickname for Khalid Sheik Mohammed, accused here as the Sept. 11 plot mastermind and awaiting a death-penalty tribunal.

    Moussaoui, whose recent letter offered to testify in that case, wrote Pohl last year that he wants to “expose the Saudi Royal double game with UBL,” from Usama bin Laden, another U.S. intelligence acronym.

Pre-Trial Hearings for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Cancelled

(NEW YORK) — A series of pre-trial hearings in the case of accused 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed scheduled for later this month have reportedly been cancelled.

According to an email from the military commission at Guantanamo Bay to the families of 9/11 victims, the hearings scheduled to run from August 24 to September 4 were cancelled. The email only cited unresolved issues pertaining to a certain motion.

The next scheduled hearings are set to take place from October 19-30.

http://www.ktsa.com/pre-trial-hearings-for-alleged-911-mastermind-khalid-sheikh-mohammed-cancelled/

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/08/17/u-s-military-cancels-hearing-for-five-911-suspects-held-at-guantanamo/

 

Battles Over Government Secrecy Dominate 9/11 Hearings

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daphne-eviatar/battles-over-government-s_b_1974460.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

October 19, 2012

This is the print preview: Back to normal view »
Battles Over Government Secrecy Dominate 9/11 Hearings
Posted: 10/17/2012 1:49 pm

The definition and use of classified information, and the public's right to hear it, is proving to be one of the most important issues arising in pre-trial hearings in this historic September 11th terrorism prosecution. With only two of the defendants actually in the courtroom on Wednesday (the others elected not to come), lawyers from the government, defense, ACLU and 14 media organizations over the last two days have argued vehemently over whether the government is properly classifying information -- particularly the memories and experiences of the defendants, who were subjected to the CIA's classified "enhanced interrogation" program. Even if it is deemed classified, argue the ACLU and news organizations, it still has to meet a strict First Amendment standard for the court to lawfully prevent the public from hearing it.

The First Amendment only allows the closing of a courtroom, argued ACLU lawyer Hina Shamsi and media lawyer David Schulz, if it will "cause grave harm to national security."

"The government fails utterly to explain how it has a legitimate interest, let alone a compelling one, in suppressing information about a CIA coercive interrogation and detention program that was illegal and has been banned by the president," the ACLU says in its brief to the court.

The issue is important, both for the public's right to know what its government did and for the legitimacy of this historic trial. As Schulz told the court yesterday: "Nothing is likely to shape the public perception of the fairness of these proceedings more significantly than the way the court handles this request for a protective order."

The current proposed order, he said, "covers things that quite clearly can't credibly constitute a threat to our national security."

KSM may not get a trial at all: Alleged 9/11 plotter may simply be left to military custody with no trial.

Opposition to U.S. trial likely to keep mastermind of 9/11 attacks in detention

 
This March 1, 2003 file picture shows Khalid Sheik Mohammed,<br />
            shortly after his capture during a raid in Pakistan.
This March 1, 2003 file picture shows Khalid Sheik Mohammed, shortly after his capture during a raid in Pakistan. (AP)
 

Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, November 13, 2010; 12:38 AM

Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the self-proclaimed mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, will probably remain in military detention without trial for the foreseeable future, according to Obama administration officials.

This Story

') ;
// -->

The administration has concluded that it cannot put Mohammed on trial in federal court because of the opposition of lawmakers in Congress and in New York. There is also little internal support for resurrecting a military prosecution at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The latter option would alienate liberal supporters.

The administration asserts that it can hold Mohammed and other al-Qaeda operatives under the laws of war, a principle that has been upheld by the courts when Guantanamo Bay detainees have challenged their detention.

The White House has made it clear that President Obama will ultimately make the decision, and a federal prosecution of Mohammed and four alleged co-conspirators has not been ruled out, senior officials said. Still, they acknowledge that a trial is unlikely to happen before the next presidential election and, even then, would require a different political environment.

Media Roots Radio- Prop 19, Aafia Siddiqui, Freemasonry & the Founding Fathers

Media Roots Radio- Prop 19, Aafia Siddiqui, Freemasonry & the Founding Fathers by Media Roots

On the latest edition of Media Roots radio we discuss China's forced abortions, the unjust case of Aafia Siddiqui, Prop 19, Christine O'Donnell's embarrassing revelations of ignorance, and Free Masonry: the origin and evolution behind the organization and their political influence on America's formation and progression.

Complete 911 Timeline: Recently Added Events/ History Commons

Recently Added Events
http://www.historycommons.org/project.jsp?project=911_project

Showing 1-20 of 100 recently added events:

* 6/28 - NEADS Instructs AWACS Plane to Return to Washington Area to Help It Communicate with Fighters, (11:25 a.m.) September 11, 2001, posted by matt
* 6/28 - Marine Fighters Arrive over Washington but Lack Correct Authentication Code, (11:25 a.m.) September 11, 2001, posted by matt
* 6/28 - Attorney General Ashcroft’s Plane Diverted to Richmond, Threatened with Being Shot Down, 11:11 a.m. September 11, 2001, posted by matt
* 6/28 - Attorney General Ashcroft Ignores FAA Order for His Plane to Land, 10:40 a.m. September 11, 2001, posted by matt
* 6/28 - Unarmed Fighters Find Target Is Just US Military Aircraft, (10:35 a.m.) September 11, 2001, posted by matt
* 6/27 - FAA Controller Passes on Shootdown Authorization to Toledo Fighters, Because NEADS Cannot Reach Them, (Shortly After 10:32 a.m.) September 11, 2001, posted by matt
* 6/27 - FAA’s Boston Center Declares ‘ATC Zero’, (Shortly After 10:20 a.m.) September 11, 2001, posted by matt

Amnesty International Action Alert: Don't Let Congress Block Trials for the 9/11 Accused

Amnesty International is calling for people to lobby Congress to allow US trials for the 9/11 accused go forward; currently Sen. Lindsey Graham is spearheading attempts to block US trials in favor of military commissions - loose nuke

http://takeaction.amnestyusa.org/siteapps/advocacy/index.aspx?c=jhKPIXPCIoE&b=2590179&template=x.ascx&action=13706
ONLINE ACTION CENTER: DON'T LET CONGRESS BLOCK TRIALS FOR THE 9/11 ACCUSED

President Obama made the right decision to try Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and other alleged 9/11 conspirators in U.S. federal court, but now members of Congress are attacking the President's decision and threatening to block funding for the trial. Senator Lindsey Graham called federal trials a "dumb idea" and wants to use the kangaroo courts known as military commissions, that he and other politicians cooked up at Guantanamo, to ensure convictions and cover up evidence of torture.

NY Times: Will the KSM trial be moved from NYC?

December 26, 2009
Deciding Terror Trial’s Venue Is a Complex Case
By BENJAMIN WEISER

Since the government’s announcement that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed would be tried with others in Manhattan in connection with the 9/11 attacks, some lawyers and others have expressed skepticism that such a trial will ever be held in the city.

They are confident that defense lawyers will ask that the trial be moved, and believe that a judge might even consent.

But a review of previous terrorism trials and interviews with lawyers involved in those cases and other legal experts show that such an outcome is hardly guaranteed.

Federal juries in Manhattan, for instance, have not imposed the death penalty against any of the six defendants who could have received it since the federal death penalty was reinstated some two decades ago. Lawyers for Mr. Mohammed could well calculate that their greatest legal obligation is not to win acquittal but to save his life, and that there is no better place to try to do that than in a Manhattan federal courtroom.

Slate: The Obama administration has picked the worst possible case for its first torture trial

Torture Roulette
The Obama administration has picked the worst possible case for its first torture trial.
By Dahlia Lithwick
Posted Monday, Dec. 14, 2009, at 6:38 PM ET

For close to a year now, the Obama administration has been playing judicial Whac-a-Mole over accountability for Bush administration torture policies. Each time an opportunity arises to assess the legality of Bush-era torture, the Obama administration shuts it down. When another case pops up, the administration slaps it down. This all started last February when the Justice Department invoked the alarming "states secrets" privilege in an effort to shut down an ACLU lawsuit against Boeing subsidiary Jeppesen DataPlan Inc. for its role in Bush's "extraordinary rendition" program. (That case will be reheard at the 9th Circuit tomorrow).

Poll finds broad support among New Yorkers for death penalty in Khalid Shaikh Mohammed terror case

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/11/22/2009-11-22_kill_all_five_sez_ny_poll_finds_broad_support_for_death_penalty_...

Poll finds broad support among New Yorkers for death penalty in Khalid Shaikh Mohammed terror case

BY ROBERT JOHNSON AND DAVID SALTONSTALL
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Sunday, November 22nd 2009, 4:00 AM

An overwhelming majority of New Yorkers believe the terrorist thugs who planned the 9/11 attacks should and will be sentenced to death - and two-thirds of city residents say they'd be unafraid to serve on the jury.

An exclusive Daily News/Marist poll found that 77% of New Yorkers agree with President Obama that alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and his four cowardly cohorts will be found guilty in a Manhattan federal courtroom.

"If I'm on that jury, there's no doubt they get a conviction - no doubt," said Larry Amandola, 48, an electrician from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, and one of a dozen regular New Yorkers interviewed separately by The News. "I had a few friends who died on Sept. 11 and I worked [at Ground Zero] immediately after. The people that suffered through this have a right to judge them."

A call to action or an end to the truth movement?

I see many people calling for action at the KSM trial. But has anyone really thought about the ramifications of showing up at the KSM trial with "9/11 Was an Inside Job" signs? The Department of Homeland Security has been trying to label 9/11 truthers as terrorists for a couple years now. What will happen if a single 9/11 truth sign shows up at the trial and even hints that KSM is innocent?

It doesn't matter if KSM is really innocent or not. The government has labeled him a terrorist and is putting that terrorist on trial in a public court for the whole world to see. If any 9/11 truth signs show up at that trial, that will be the final nail in the coffin for 9/11 truth. We will be labeled as terrorist sympathizers, terrorist supporters, or homegrown terrorists. DHS would love nothing more than to see 9/11 truth signs flying around at that trial so that they can finally start rounding up the only real voice that threatens whatever agenda the criminals in our government are trying to attain.

There's even the possibility that "agents" could pose as 9/11 truthers to obtain the same goal of painting us as terrorists or terrorist supporters.

2 Rasmussen Polls: NY and US on Terror Trials

Also see this poll with a similar but slightly different question:
Poll: Most Americans want military trial for 9/11 suspects
http://rawstory.com/2009/11/poll-americans-military-trial-911-suspects/

Scroll down for the 2nd poll. Visit originals for hyperlinks. Posted in full for posterity - loose nuke

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/new_york/55_in_new_york_oppose_civilian_terr...
55% in New York Oppose Civilian Terror Trials
Friday, November 20, 2009

Just 35% of New York State voters agree with Attorney General Eric Holder’s decision to try the confessed mastermind of the 9/11 terror attacks and five other suspected terrorists in a civilian court in New York City rather than before a military tribunal.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in the state finds that 55% are opposed to that decision, which is part of the Obama administration’s effort to close the terrorist prison camp at the Guantanamo Naval Base in Cuba.

But 57% are at least somewhat confident that New York City will be safe and secure during the trials of the terrorism suspects. Twenty-three percent (23%) are very confident.

Eric Holder's Baffling KSM Decision

Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704888404574547681569546414.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Notice the interesting parts of this article that cover the 10,000 signatures and the estimated cost for the first year of this trial.

Eric Holder's Baffling KSM Decision
The attorney general's Senate testimony this week did nothing to reassure the families of 9/11's victims.

By DAVID BEAMER

On Wednesday, the Senate Judiciary Committee met to question Attorney General Eric Holder about his decision to prosecute Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four others in criminal courts rather than military tribunals. As the father of Todd Beamer, who died on United Airlines Flight 93, I was able to attend that hearing. What transpired caused me great concern and shook my confidence in our current administration.

Attorney General Holder defends 9/11 trial in New York

Attorney General Eric Holder and Senator Jon Kyl from Arizona go back and forth regarding the upcoming trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DcC5_rvmo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Kyl

**To Contact A.G. Holder: AskDOJ@usdoj.gov