New York Post
We already know the Post is a piece of shit newspaper, but this editorial sinks to new lows.
June 29, 2008
All the rhetoric about health crises affecting Ground Zero workers post-9/11 has finally been put to a fact test.
And the data tell a different story.
For years, this page has been warning that the no-questions-asked benefits demanded by such as Sen. Hillary Clinton and Reps. Carolyn Maloney and Jerrold Nadler for anyone claiming a 9/11-related illness were an invitation to fraud.
Sure enough, that's the case. And the cost to taxpayers could run into the billions.
Lawyers defending the city against a mass lawsuit say that a detailed review of medical records for nearly 10,000 litigants (of the 40,000 people who worked at Ground Zero) shows that 30 percent only have nominal health issues.
And 306 have admitted openly that they have no past or current health problems.
(Please also see Aaron Dykes and Luke Rudkowski's response: The NY Post's 'Obscene' Gesture to 9/11 Truth. - rep.)
By STEVE CUOZZO
January 23, 2008 -- IF conditions on the streets and sidewalks around Ground Zero re flect the state of things inside the hole, we're in for a miserable result when the site is finally rebuilt.
I'll look at what's gone wrong inside the pit in the coming weeks. But for now, consider the sickening conditions the PA and City Hall let fester all around the perimeter of the 16-acre "sacred ground."
Ground Zero's borders deserve a patina of dignity for anyone wishing to recall the World Trade Center that was, to mourn the victims of 9/11 or to contemplate the site's future.
It's bad enough the view remains bracketed by the blackened hulks of 130 Liberty St. and Fiterman Hall. But at least there's a theoretical, contamination-related excuse for the eyesores' continued presence.
This is my second talk with Richard Johnson, Page Six editor of The New York Post. The first is described here:
Richard Johnson and I most certainly do not see eye to eye when it comes to such topics as the collapse of WTC 7 and the importance of a debate between 9/11 Truthers and Popular Mechanics. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed my only two conversations with him and have found him -- at least over the phone -- to be a rather genial and polite man.
However, on his Page Six column of The New York Post, he taken an aggressive stance towards the 9/11 Truth Movement for reasons that so far appear to be invalid and based on rumor and conjecture.
'LOOSE'-BRAIN CHARLIE SPEAKS
March 24, 2007 -- CHARLIE Sheen has confirmed our exclusive story that he'll narrate a feature version of the stupid YouTube video "Loose Change," which claims that shadowy U.S. government operatives used explosives to bring down the World Trade Center. "It's a story that needs to be told. It's a story about the truth, and the truth needs to be exposed," the "Two and a Half Men" star told "Extra." "It's not just me, not just the Hollywood community [who] is standing up saying what you have given us doesn't make sense. We just want better answers." The video pushes the widely debunked "controlled demolition" theory which claims that the Twin Towers and 7 World Trade Center were blown up from within. It alleges the jet-fuel fires inside the towers weren't hot enough to melt the buildings' steel beams. The video, written and directed by Dylan Avery, has been scoffed at by the makers of an opposing video, "Screw Loose Change." Its claims were also soundly refuted by Popular Mechanics magazine, which shot down every single assertion made by the conspiracy theorists.
Note: My Sprint Katana model phone only has an 18 second record function and AGAIN -- like at the Dan Rather presentation -- I didn't have a way to record this conversation. I would have if I could. Some other Truther is going to have to give me some pointers on recording phone conversations. If it's of any consolation, however, I have already purchased a JVC HDD camcorder for the upcoming April 5, 2007 Scott Ritter presentation at UTPA.
As I was feeing pretty hot-headed this morning after I posted the story “H'WOOD'S 9/11 IDIOT BRIGADE” I decided to call the New York Post at 212-930-8500 to put forth a question I had about its gossip piece.
The first individual I spoke to was a man with a thick New York accent who was immediately very rude. Because I didn’t have an entire copy of today’s New York Post in front of me, and didn’t know the exact page of the article I was looking for, he was giving me a hard time. “You’re giving me misinformation,” he kept repeating over and over. “The article you are looking for is not in the opinion section.”