Omar Khadr

Omar Khadr, Last Western Detainee At Gitmo, Returns To Canada - Albertan's Rallied for his Return

 
November 2008 - Edmonton 9/11 Truth joined forces with supporters of Omar Khadr rally for his return to Canada. The rally was held at Churchill Square and the Winspere theatre. Members of Edmonton's 9/11 Truth Movement set up an information table, sharing news and information why Canada must investigate the 9/11 with an Independent Public Investigation.  Edmonton activists shared free copies of Richard Gage's 9/11 Blue Print for Truth DVDs (Winnipeg Conference - published by former Dr. Joe Hawkins of StopLying.ca) 

September 29, 2012 - TORONTO -AP NEWS - Canada's public safety minister says the last Western detainee held at Guantanamo has returned to Canada.

Vic Toews said Saturday that 26-year-old Omar Khadr arrived at a military base on a U.S. government plane early Saturday and has been transferred to Millhaven maximum security prison in Bath, Ontario.

Bring Omar Khadr Home & Close Guantanamo Bay "He's Canadian!"


Edmonton January 7, 2012 YouTube featured: Peggy Morton, University of Alberta Student Taraff Haymour and Alberta Leader of the NDP Opposition Brian Mason. Edmontonians braved the cold weather on the Alberta Legislature steps to once again remind the Government of Canada that bringing Omar Khadr from his Guantanamo Bay back to Canada has yet to be resolved

The Real Reason Only Five Detainees Are Coming to New York?

US Attorney General Eric Holder recently announced that five detainees would be moved from Guantanamo Bay to New York, where they would stand trial for carrying out the 9/11 attacks. However, five other detainees will continue to be tried before military commissions, which have lower standards of evidence. The five detainees coming to New York have previously indicated they intend to plead guilty, although the five to be tried before military commissions have not.

The New York five are:

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed;

Ramzi bin al-Shibh;

Ali Abdul Aziz Ali;

Mustafa al-Hawsawi; and

Khallad bin Attash.

Cheney accused of leaking Khadr tape

Cheney accused of leaking Khadr tape

Steven Edwards
CanWest News Service

Monday, March 03, 2008
NEW YORK - Lawyers for Omar Khadr are to probe whether U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney's office leaked an incriminating video tape of the Canadian terror suspect, a court filing yet to be made public reveals.
The CBS newsmagazine 60 Minutes ran the footage, which shows Khadr apparently helping make a roadside bomb in Afghanistan, in a report that aired mid-November.
The show's producers refuse to say how they obtained the video, but it's believed very few copies of it existed, and all were designated confidential after being cloned from a master copy seized by U.S. forces in Afghanistan.
In the court filing, Khadr's defence team says Col. Morris Davis, former chief prosecutor of the Military Commission that will try the Canadian at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, has stated his belief Cheney's office was responsible for leaking the video.