Abu Faraj al-Libbi

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: I was behind 9/11, transcript says

Here is the PDF transcripts of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Faraj al-Libi and Ramzi Binalshibh (in that order):

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/03/14/transcript_ISN10024.pdf

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/03/14/transcript_ISN10017.pdf

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/03/14/transcript_ISN10013.pdf

Source of article (and link to CNN video of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed):

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/guantanamo.mohammed/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: I was behind 9/11, transcript says

Story Highlights

• Transcript is from Saturday hearing at Guantanamo; released by Pentagon
• Mohammed: "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z"
• Transcript says he's responsible for other attacks, including Bali bombing
• Mohammed is among 14 prisoners identified by U.S. as "high value"

From Mike Mount
CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has admitted responsibility for the 9/11 attacks and a catalog of other terrorist acts, according to an edited transcript of a tribunal at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Al-Qaida No. 3 says he planned 9/11

Here is the most recent news on this subject:

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070315/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_terrorist_confession

Published: Thursday, March 15, 2007

Al-Qaida No. 3 says he planned 9/11

By KATHERINE SHRADER, Associated Press Writer

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confirmed his notoriety as al-Qaida's most ambitious operational planner when, according to military transcripts, he confessed to planning and supporting 31 terrorist attacks, topped by 9/11, that killed thousands of innocent victims since the early 1990s.

The gruesome attacks range from the suicide hijackings of Sept. 11, 2001 — which killed nearly 3,000 — to a 2002 shooting on an island off Kuwait that killed a U.S. Marine.

Many plots, including a previously undisclosed plan to kill several former U.S. presidents, were never carried out or were foiled by international counterterror authorities.

September 11 suspect gets Guantanamo hearing

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070312/ts_nm/guantanamo_hearings_dc

Published: Monday, March 12, 2007

September 11 suspect gets Guantanamo hearing

U.S. military officials have held initial hearings for three terrorism suspects at Guantanamo Bay, including the alleged mastermind of the September 11 attacks on the United States, the Pentagon said on Monday.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said a three-member panel examined the case of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed at a closed hearing on Saturday at the U.S. military prison camp on Cuba.

Mohammed is among 14 prisoners identified by U.S. authorities as "high-value" terrorism suspects and transferred to Guantanamo last September from secret CIA prisons abroad.

The hearings to determine whether the suspects meet U.S. authorities' definition of an enemy combatant began on Friday, the Pentagon said.

The cases of two suspects -- Ramzi bin al Shaibah, a Yemeni also accused of involvement in the September 11 attacks, and alleged senior al Qaeda figure Abu Faraj al Libi of Libya -- were examined on Friday, Whitman said.