Rupert Murdoch

9/11 Family members have asked to meet with the FBI and top members of the Obama administration

Sept. 11 families seek FBI meeting
By: Jennifer Epstein for Politico
July 18, 2011 03:59 PM EDT

Relatives of victims of the September 11 attacks have asked to meet with the FBI and top members of the Obama administration about allegations reporters from one of Rupert Murdoch’s British papers tried to hack the cell phone accounts of victims.

In letters sent Monday to Attorney General Eric Holder, FBI Director Robert Mueller and Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), the ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee, a lawyer representing some victims’ families is asking for meetings to discuss a report that journalists from the now-defunct News of the World asked a New York-based private investigator to help them gather information from victims’ phones.

The FBI has initiated an informal probe into the allegations, which were first reported by the Daily Mirror.

“We commend the FBI for opening a preliminary inquiry into this serious issue and we are requesting a meeting to ascertain the scope, goals and timetable of the inquiry,” the letter to Mueller said, Reuters reported. The FBI’s press office declined to comment.

The lawyer representing the victims’ relatives, Norman Siegel, told the wire service that his “clients are troubled about the allegation of potential hacking and they are particularly upset that there now exists an allegation that a newspaper would seek to illegally obtain information about their loved ones.”

“I tried in the letter not to accuse anyone, especially News Corp, of anything yet because you don’t want a media frenzy accusing someone if the facts aren’t there. We want to find out what the truth is,” he said.

Rupert Murdoch's "News of the World" tried to pay a New York City police officer for private phone records of 9/11 victims

NOTW reporters tried to access 9/11 phone data: report
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/11/us-newscorp-hacking-sept-idUSTRE76A04V20110711

LONDON | Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:17am EDT

(Reuters) - Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper reported on Monday that News of the World journalists had offered to pay a New York police officer to retrieve the private phone records of victims of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Citing an unidentified source, the newspaper said journalists had wanted the phone numbers of the dead as well as details of the calls they had made and received in the days leading to the attacks.

News Corp chief executive Rupert Murdoch last week shut down the News of the World, Britain's top-selling Sunday tabloid, as allegations grew that its journalists had illegally accessed the voicemails of thousands of people, from child murder victims to the families of Britain's war dead.

The police officer, who now works as a private investigator, said at the time that he would turn down the request because of "how bad it would look," the source was quoted as saying.

(Reporting by Karolina Tagaris; Editing by Janet Lawrence)

More coverage:

NY Post calls for removal of 9/11 Truth activists from Ground Zero

(Please also see Aaron Dykes and Luke Rudkowski's response: The NY Post's 'Obscene' Gesture to 9/11 Truth. - rep.)

PURE OBSCENITY: Lunatics take over Ground Zero

By STEVE CUOZZO

January 23, 2008 -- IF conditions on the streets and sidewalks around Ground Zero re flect the state of things inside the hole, we're in for a miserable result when the site is finally rebuilt.

I'll look at what's gone wrong inside the pit in the coming weeks. But for now, consider the sickening conditions the PA and City Hall let fester all around the perimeter of the 16-acre "sacred ground."

Ground Zero's borders deserve a patina of dignity for anyone wishing to recall the World Trade Center that was, to mourn the victims of 9/11 or to contemplate the site's future.

It's bad enough the view remains bracketed by the blackened hulks of 130 Liberty St. and Fiterman Hall. But at least there's a theoretical, contamination-related excuse for the eyesores' continued presence.

Did Rupert Murdoch Have Foreknowledge of 9/11?

I haven't decided whether or not I believe Rupert Murdoch had foreknowledge. But this essay by Jerry Mazza raises some interesting questions. I am not posting this to start a discussion about zionism (and, anyway, there are Christian zionists as well as other zionists), I am only posting this to raise the issue of whether Murdoch had foreknowledge.

Rupert Murdoch: Fox in the henhouse

Jerry Mazza
Online Journal
Friday, March 2, 2007

Rupert Murdoch is CEO and Chairman of News Corporation, which moved to the United States from Australia in 1973, purchasing the San Antonio Express-News. Soon after it gave us the supermarket tabloid the National Star, and in 1976 purchased the New York Post, and turned the former liberal newspaper into an ultra-right rag shrink-wrapped in jingo journalism and the flag.