Support 911Blogger


victims

A 9/11 Victim's Family Member Asks for Help

The Corbett Report has just released a video interview with 9/11 Victims' Family Member Josef Princiotta. Watch the interview in the player below or click+here to watch at YouTube.

In the Public Spotlight, Chicago, IL and the Web: the Legitimacy of 9/11 Questions

In Chicago, the Republican Congressional candidate has attacked the Democrat for a campaign ad featuring an Iraq War vet who supports the 9/11 victims families right to answers, and says the Iraq War was based on lies, including Hussein's connection to 9/11. According to the Chicago Tribune, "He also said he does not doubt that Al Qaeda terrorists were responsible for the 9/11 attacks.". "Last June, the Peoria Journal Star reported that Davis wore a black T-shirt proclaiming "Investigate 9/ 11@911truth.org" while sitting at a table at a Peoria library where books, fliers and DVDs supporting conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attacks were on display." "Seals spokeswoman Elisabeth Smith said she didn't "really see what is so controversial" about using Caleb Davis in the ad. Davis, 25, is a Peoria native who spent five months in Iraq as an Army diver and got an honorable discharge in 2004." The reporter and Tribune present the Republican view and also the Democrat side, which apparently supports the OCT as well as the right to freedom of speech, press and to petition the govt.

Crystal joins 9/11 memorial fund

link

Actor Billy Crystal has been named as a director for the organisation set up to raise funds to build a memorial to victims of the 11 September attacks.

The 60-year-old joins the board of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum foundation, alongside former Analyze This co-star Robert De Niro.

The New York site will include two waterfalls where the twin towers of the World Trade Centre previously stood.

Crystal took part in a 9/11 benefit concert a month after the 2001 attacks.

'Strength and resolve'

The event, which also featured Sir Paul McCartney, David Bowie and Sir Elton John, raised more than $35m (£17.5m) for families of those who died in the terror attacks.

Crystal said he was "honoured" to join the organisation and have the opportunity to "contribute to the creation of a permanent national memorial".

The star, who was born in New York, added that the project was "an opportunity to demonstrate New York's strength and resolve, whilst ensuring that the memories of the lives lost are never forgotten".

Saudi Arabia Will Pay! Dozens of Insurance Companies on Board (along with the Right-wing)

It's nice to see some right-wing media supporting public disclosure and truth regarding 9/11; the Cozen O'Connor Saudi lawsuit is getting attention. I find it hard to believe, with 7 years of research and millions invested by this lawfirm, that they didn't also uncover links to US, Pakistani and Israeli principals, if not direct evidence of responsibility, foreknowledge, negligence, complicity, etc., if they think they have enough evidence to prove to a jury that the govt of Saudi Arabia "intended" the 9/11 attacks to happen. Of course, he's got his career and fortunes riding on this, so he'll just target the Saudis; the right-wing will also target the Saudis; and the 9/11 truth movement will use whatever facts are brought to light by this case about Saudi Arabia's involvement to continue making the case to America and the World that the official 9/11 story isn't true and that full investigations with the power of the law and public oversight behind them are called for before another decision is made based on the belief that 9/11 was exclusively an Al Qaeda operation, before 9/11 is used to justify any policy or to rouse fear or patriotic fervor.

Sept. 11 Lawsuit

Lots of html links in the article; follow the link to to the original for working links:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/hot_topics/19374964.html

Posted on Thu, May. 29, 2008

Sept. 11 Lawsuit

The lawsuit

An epic lawsuit filed by Philadelphia firm Cozen O'Connor looks to place direct blame for the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and a host of individuals, banks and groups so that it can recover billions of dollars in damages.

The following excerpts from the lawsuit are in the form of .pdfs, and vary in length from 12 to 61 pages. There is some overlap, in instances where a section ended in the middle of the page; the excerpt that follows picks up on that same page.

1. The list of plaintiffs and defendants. Read the document

2. Background on the actions leading to the lawsuit, and beginning of the allegations against each defendant. Read the document

3. More background on the actions leading to the lawsuit. This section presents allegations against the defendant banks and other financial institutions. Read the document

A former al-Qaeda fighter accuses a Saudi charity (Saudi lawsuit)

Related to the Cozen 9/11 Saudi victim's family lawsuit:

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/20080531_A_former_al-Qaeda_fighter_accuses_a_Saudi_charity.html

Posted on Sat, May. 31, 2008

Special Report

A former al-Qaeda fighter accuses a Saudi charity

By Chris Mondics
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

DOBOJ, Bosnia - For years, Saudi Arabia flatly denied it had provided money and logistical support for Islamist militant groups that attacked Western targets.

But that assertion is disputed by a former al-Qaeda commander who testified in a United Nations war-crimes trial that his unit was funded by the Saudi High Commission for Relief of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Ali Ahmed Ali Hamad, the former al-Qaeda fighter, gave the same account to The Inquirer in an interview in this struggling city in the central Balkans.

"Because it was the biggest charity, [the commission] helped the mujaheddin the most," Hamad said, adding that it had provided "everything a person needed to exist."

Congress considers medals for 9/11's Flight 93 victims

Congress considers medals for 9/11's Flight 93 victims

By Oren Dorell,
USA TODAY
April 8th, 2008

Relatives of the passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 93 are stepping up pressure on Congress to decide whether the people who died fighting their attackers on Sept. 11, 2001, deserve the nation's highest civilian award.

Bills to honor the actions of those on Flight 93 have been popping up since days after the plane crashed in a field outside Shanksville, Pa., during a passenger-led attack against their al-Qaeda hijackers that prevented a possible strike on the White House or the U.S. Capitol.

Five bills have been introduced in six years to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Flight 93's passengers and crew. Some bills called for a medal for the men who attacked the terrorists, an event gleaned from phone calls from passengers to loved ones aboard.

But a decision on whether to award a medal that was also bestowed on George Washington, Walt Disney and the 1980 U.S. Summer Olympic Team has languished. Some bills called for everyone who died that day to get a medal; others just a few, or even creating a new honor.

Developer [Silverstein] Sues to Win $12.3 Billion in 9/11 Attack

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/nyregion/27rebuild.html?ex=1207281600&en=0261765c3042a010&ei=5070&emc=eta1

Larry A. Silverstein, who has won nearly $4.6 billion in insurance payments to cover his losses and help him rebuild at the World Trade Center site, is seeking $12.3 billion in damages from airlines and airport security companies for the 9/11 attack.

Mr. Silverstein, the developer of ground zero, sought the damages, whose amount was not previously known, in a claim filed in 2004, that says the airlines and airport security companies failed to prevent terrorists from hijacking the planes used to destroy the buildings.

His case was consolidated last week with similar, earlier lawsuits brought by families of some victims of the attack and by other property owners. But in seeking $12.3 billion, he is by far the biggest claimant in the litigation.

The size of Mr. Silverstein’s claim was revealed last week at a status conference on the litigation in United States District Court in Manhattan.

Olmert And Bush—Leader And Vassal

By Paul Craig Roberts

http://vdare.com/roberts/080116_olmert.htm

After pandering to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s right-wing government last week, US president George W. Bush carried the Israeli/neoconservative campaign against Iran to Arab countries. Sounding as authentic as the "Filipino Monkey," Bush told the Arab countries that "Iran is the world’s leading state sponsor of terror," and that "Iran’s actions threaten the security of nations everywhere."

To no effect. Every country in the world, except America, knows by now that the US is the world’s leading state sponsor of terror and that the neoconservative drive for US hegemony over the world threatens the security of nations everywhere.

But before we get into this, let’s first see what Bush means by "terrorist" and Iran’s sponsorship of terrorism.

They Paved Over the Dead


They paved over the dead…

…and a few decided to just leave them there.

No matter what you have heard to the contrary, more than five years after 9/11, the Deutsche Bank building has not been fully searched. The city’s official spokespeople are playing word games and many in the media are their echo chambers. When the South Tower fell, massive amounts of debris fell on and into that building, leaving huge beams precariously hanging out over Cedar Street and a twenty floor gouge in the building’s north face. When the first big crane approached nearby West and Liberty, the ground shook beneath it. They smartly backed off and engineers soon determined that the bathtub’s walls adjacent West and Liberty Streets were unstable. If they had collapsed, the Hudson River might have flooded the Pit and much of Manhattan’s rail lines, power grid, and water and sewer systems.

WTC Cleanup Done "Too Quickly"

NEW YORK (AP) -- Workers who spent months searching for human remains in the World Trade Center rubble were often at odds with the agency overseeing the cleanup and frequently asked to halt the operation as they recovered body parts.

As the work was wrapping up in 2002, several officials handling the recovery warned that things were moving too fast. They believed more pieces of the lost 2,749 victims could be found, but they were overruled, two of those officials told The Associated Press this week.

The officials gave the account after a utility crew accidentally discovered body parts last week in an abandoned manhole along the western edge of the site, and forensic experts have since dug down and found more than 100 bones and fragments from skulls, ribs, arms, legs, feet and hands.

"I knew that this was going to happen -- they really just wanted us out of there," said retired Police Lt. John McArdle, the New York Police Department's ground zero commander. "There was not a good exit strategy for some of these places, and if there was, it was poorly done."

The project finished months ahead of city officials' yearlong prediction, and cost about $750 million -- just a fraction of the initial multibillion-dollar estimate.