Mounir el Motassadeq

Website for the reopening of the case against Mounir El Motassadeq up and running

Dear friends,
as David Ray Griffin announciated in his letter to the 9/11 Truth Community on 9/30/09 on this blog, the website www.justiceformounir.org is now up and running.

The Committee for Mounir el Motassadeq is an international campaign for the reopening of his case, after a Hamburg (Germany) court sentenced him to 15 years in prison, for allegedly helping his friends, Mohamed Atta and Co. to prepare the attacks of 9/11. Mounir is undoubtedly innocent. First, he did not know anything of the preparations for 9/11. And second, there is not a shred of evidence that his friends, Mohammed Atta and Co. participated in the attacks of 9/11.

A Letter to the 9/11 Community from David Ray Griffin

A LETTER TO THE 9/11 COMMUNITY FROM DAVID RAY GRIFFIN

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I am writing in support of the international campaign, headed up by Elias Davidsson (who long lived in Iceland but now lives in Hamburg, Germany), calling for a new trial for Mounir El Motassadeq, who has been convicted of assisting the 9/11 attacks.

I have known Elias Davidsson for several years and know him to be an extremely careful researcher into the 9/11 attacks and also to be a passionate advocate for justice.

When I was in Hamburg last fall, I went with Elias to see Mounir's lawyer. He seems to be a good man and a capable lawyer, who will represent Mounir well if he gets the opportunity.

I agreed to be on the committee for Mounir along with Elias and a few others, including Annie Machon and Barrie Zwicker.

Incidentally, Mounir did indeed know Mohamed Atta. But in response to the question of whether the Mohamed Atta he knew in Hamburg was the same as the Mohamed Atta whose picture is in The 9/11 Commission Report, he said that they looked very different.

International Campaign for a prisoner accused of assisting alleged 9/11 hijackers

Press release

Subject: Justice for Mounir el Motassadeq
From: International Committee "Justice for Mounir"
Date and time: September 8th, 2009, 8.00 GMT

The Committee for Mounir is pleased to announce today the launching of an international campaign on behalf of Mounir el Motassadeq, a Moroccan student who has been sentenced by a Hamburg court in 2007 to 15 years in prison. He is the only person world-wide currently imprisoned for allegedly assisting others in the preparation of the mass murder of September 11, 2001.

The Committee notes that El Motassadeq was convicted and sentenced on the base of extremely flimsy evidence, demands the reopening of his case, and is convinced that an impartial court would determine his innocence and that of his friends, Mohamed Atta, Marwan Al Shehhi and Ziad Jarrah, with regard to the events of September 11, 2001.

Who Is Mounir El Motassadeq?

Thanks to www.cooperativeresearch.org

August 1998: Germany Investigates Hamburg Al-Qaeda Cell Member
A German inquiry into Mounir El Motassadeq, an alleged member of the Hamburg al-Qaeda cell with Mohamed Atta, begins by this time. Although Germany will not reveal details, documents show that by August 1998, Motassadeq is under surveillance. “The trail soon [leads] to most of the main [Hamburg] participants” in 9/11. Surveillance records Motassadeq and Mohammed Haydar Zammar, who had already been identified by police as a suspected extremist, as they meet at the Hamburg home of Said Bahaji, who is also under surveillance that same year. (Bahaji will soon move into an apartment with Atta and other al-Qaeda members.) German police monitor several other meetings between Motassadeq and Zammar in the following months. [New York Times, 1/18/2003] Motassadeq is later convicted in August 2002 in Germany for participation in the 9/11 attacks, but his conviction is later overturned (see March 3, 2004).

Sonia Morales Puopolo

While reading the article "Man tied to 9/11 hijackers gets 15 years" it caught my attention for two reasons. One being that I do not believe that there were any hijackers on 9/11. The other reason is that when a so called "victim" is paraded through the media circus like Todd Beamer, Mark Bingham or Barbara Olson they never show up in the Social Security Death Index or the September 11th Compensation Fund of 2001. Sonia Morales Puopolo from American Airlines flight 11 is another example of this occurrence. She is not listed in the Social Security Death Index nor is she listed in the September 11th Compensation Fund of 2001. However, a 9/11 script error states that her son, Dominic Puopolo Jr., received about $200,000 from the national 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. Another 9/11 script error from Associated Press dated 2/22/06 and repeated 1/9/07 states that Sonia Morales Puopolo was an American Airlines flight attendant. But CNN lists her as a passenger not a flight attendant. Her biography from her web site clearly defines her as a woman who would not be a flight attendant. What is more amazing is that when you do a who is search of soniapuopolo.com you will discover that the web site was created on September 16, 2001! The administrative contact for this domain is Aby Alexander at eXstream Solutions. eXstream Solutions is in the video collaboration business. When I checked out the strategic partners and clients for eXstream Solutions Akamai Technologies caught my attention. Daniel Lewin was also listed as being on American Airlines flight 11 and was co-founder of Akamai Technologies. And Daniel Lewin is not listed in the Social Security Death Index nor is he listed in the September 11th Compensation Fund of 2001.

German court gives Moroccan max for 9/11

German court gives Moroccan max for 9/11

HAMBURG, Germany (AP) — A Moroccan convicted as an accessory to murder in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks was sentenced Monday to the maximum 15 years in prison, minutes after telling the son of a woman killed that day "my future is ruined."

A German appeals court had convicted Mounir el Motassadeq, a friend of three of the suicide pilots, of the charge in November and sent the case to a state court in Hamburg for sentencing.

The Hamburg judges followed the recommendation of federal prosecutors, who said el Motassadeq deserved the maximum penalty because he knew the hijackers intended to use planes to stage attacks.

Just before Monday's verdict, the 32-year-old defendant spoke with an American whose mother died on board one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center.

Dominic Puopolo Jr., a co-plaintiff in the case, earlier joined prosecutors in calling for the maximum penalty, urging the judges to consider the "human and emotional cost" of the 2001 attacks.

El Motassadeq, a slight bearded man, turned to Puopolo and said "I understand your suffering ... The same thing is being done to me, my kids, my parents, my family — my future is ruined."